Helmets Done

bowrider69

They almost look like FX helmets. Any profile shots?

Man, them's fightin' words!

I think they look better than FX. Not a bad sculpt. The black one favors fx a little more than the white one. Might be the color messing with me.

He He... Hi Smitty!

They do actually. With bits of SDS, TE, etc. I took a little bit from everything. Lotsa room for fans and other electronics. Maybe even an a/c. Trooping can be quite toasty I hear. I was going for accuracy where it wont interfere with comfort or convenience.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I was using a mobile phone camera here. Lens distotion. The picture of the black helmet is a more accurate representation. They came from the same mold. I think the sculpt is a bit long in the nosebridge and snout area generally.

They're made of fiberglass reinforced resin. Breaks down into 5 pieces. Wont tear. Tough as a motorbike helmet. Not as heavy though. I tossed one up in the air as hard as I could to test it (maybe I'll shoot a video and post it just for kicks). It came down, bounced, rolled around. Didnt break. Lost of scratches, umm weathering. This was before the 2 layers of primer, 2 layers of polyurethane car paint and 2 layers of polyurethane top coat clear.

I will be making the adjustments to make it as screen-used accurate as possible, eventually. This was actually an experiment in patience. It stopped being fun. So now I am making clone armor. Then trooper armor.

http://www.clone-empire.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=911

Please feel free to tell me what you think will make it more accurate.

Peace brothers.

OT:

You reminded me that I also want to build a full scale ED209 (after I build R2 of course... and clones, and trooper armor and the tumbler). Thanks. Going to park it in the garage. It will have motion sensors, articulation and sounds. Scare the neighborhood dogs. = ) For really pesky critters.... Motion Tracking and dual 3mm airsoft with boxmags. "You have 10 seconds to vacate the premises or I am authorized to pepper you with plastic! ROAR!"