Idea for Field Backpack

TD-5766

I was toying around with the idea of having "SW" music palying from my pack.

Here is what I came up with.

Posted Image

The little speakers actually put out a lot of sound. They ran about $12 at Target and hook up right to the earphone jack on the portable CD player.

I will attach the cd player with velcro on the inside of the pack and then cut an area out for the speakers then just cover the hole with mesh and paint black to hide.

What do you think?

that will work, but here's another solution.

I keep my voice amp in the fourth, smaller ammo pouch on my shoulder and run the cables in one of the taller ones. If I want sound effects or samples, I unplug my mic, and attach a tiny iPod Shuffle (you can get them for $49 now). I create a special playlist in iTunes that only has the TK voices from ANH, and loop them. I ran that setup at a Library event one time and it was a blast!! It was so much fun and we would time our actions with the samples to make the troop a little more interactive.

It's also easy to reach up and adjust the volume or turn it off all together, rather than having someone fumble through your pack.

Regardless what you do, sound effects really kick things up a notch!

Thanks Mike.

Yea, I had thought about getting iPod just for that. It's much smaller too and can hold far more music and sound effects.

Thanks for the input.

I've been working on adding police "chatter" to my radio box. I added the speaker when I built the pack and ran a wire up to my stow-n-go. I added a radio shack amp there along with a small MP3 player. Now I just have to finish working up the sounds. I'm planning on putting it on random with dispatch communications, some probe droid transmission noises, some static, some SW button hits and several long tracks of silence. We'll see how it works out.

I also wired the radio box speaker to one of the switches that came with Mike and Seth's kit so someone behind me can kill the sound if need be.

I've been working on adding police "chatter" to my radio box. I added the speaker when I built the pack and ran a wire up to my stow-n-go. I added a radio shack amp there along with a small MP3 player. Now I just have to finish working up the sounds. I'm planning on putting it on random with dispatch communications, some probe droid transmission noises, some static, some SW button hits and several long tracks of silence. We'll see how it works out.

I also wired the radio box speaker to one of the switches that came with Mike and Seth's kit so someone behind me can kill the sound if need be.

There was some great background type stuff in the IMPS mini-movie if I remember right.

Great idea by the way.

...I also wired the radio box speaker to one of the switches that came with Mike and Seth's kit so someone behind me can kill the sound if need be.

I was hoping someone would do that! Awesome!!