My New bucket

mediaguypj

Hey Phil!

Yeah I am trying to get my armor dirty enough to deploy.

This helmet is a single piece, I have a TE and this is pretty similar. Even has the bump in the tears.

At the end of the Day my TE 1 was 400 bucks and wasn't as troopable as I would have liked. Nothing against Matt his helmet wasn't for me. I am actually in the process of stripping it and repainting it, in the hopes of putting in on display in my office.

This was 170, and I could drop kick it. If someone screws it up at a troop I am not going to have kittens.

We all know that it happens.

I just need to get this beast dirty!

Hey Guys What do you think?

I am terrible at painting so i might revise the frown a little. But here she is:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pete,

It's looking good! It certainly beats the booblehead look. Just tighten up the paint on the frown and ear caps before you weather it.

BTW, be honest, I know this isn't the helmet you would prefer to drop kick.

Charlie

The traps and ears need black outlines. Don't worry about having a steady hand... the originals were not painted all that great anyway.

Posted Image

Also, the way you have the frown painted now would be more ROTJ or SE (if painted black). Ideally, the gray should be just on the teeth themselves, not the surrounding area. Once again, it does not need to be perfect.

Posted Image

Mike, thanks for those pics. I was totally intending work on it today and it didnt happen.

Charlie your right to be honest I wasn't happy with the TE at all. I can understand why people might like them. But it I didn't get what I was looking for. It wasnt worth the money in my opinion.

Different strokes for different folks.

At the end of the day its one piece and was half the price of me TE.