Deployed Requirements question.

td7603

i'm currently NOT deployed, as I have the Grey Pauldron as someone stole my orange one (i know who has it) and i have a space pack, no hand plates, or sniper-plate or cutout/modified ab plate and black flat lenses.....

.......but i was going over the rules. i noted the hand armor and sniper-plates and ab plate requirements have been changed. when did this happen and why? also noticed several deployed troopers appear to have the grey pauldron...

just curious...

2008 MEPD Deployed Officer Status (advanced) requirements.

For a Sandtrooper to become MEPD Deployed Status, you must first meet 501st Legion Standards, then meet these additional requirements. All of the following exemplify the quintessential Sandtrooper as-if he walked out of the movie. While difficult to accomplish, it is by no means impossible.

• Desert Backpack, styled after the ANH sandtrooper packs. They are comprised of two main boxes, that are the approximate width of the backplate, correct bend on frame. Strict screen accuracy is required! While not ever Sandtrooper in the film had a backpack, we feel that this level of commitment and overall design of the character should be attained. This also means taking no personal liberties such as LED lights, etc.

• No ribbed shoulder straps. (Sandtrooper chest and back are attached from within via soft straps, and do not have the plastic ribbed straps like stormtroopers).

• No FX Helmets. There are now more than enough alternatives to an FX helmet to meet this obligation. AP, TE, MR, SDS, etc.

• Four “teeth” cut out on either side of helmet “frown”. This detail is often referred to as a "Stunt" helmet variation, in addition to the flat green lenses.

• Correct Hovi-Mix mic tips.

• Helmet details. You're encouraged to hand paint these, like the originals, but decals are acceptable. Gray traps with no detail lines. Gray frown. Blue mandible stripes.

• Canvas belt. Again, no drop boxes or O2 canister.

• Left side Ab plate, there should be three button, painted white and a small vertical slot where the fourth button would be. Alternatively, Four buttons are allowed, but three is highly encouraged.

• Particular ammo pouches. Reproduction or original MP-40 ammo pouches are generally considered canon, made in either canvas or leather. Other acceptable names/designs include Stolla Wien, and the once common "Norwegian" green MP-40 pouches, made in leather.

The ab plate became officially MEPD required two years ago. The dimpled handplate has been optional since the first time requirements were written in 2004. The sniper plate was also required since 2004. None of those are absent from the current listing, they are just under the "2008 501st requirements" (ab plate, sniper plate) and "Approved options" (dimpled handplates) headers.

gotcha!

it was my impression on the modded out ab plate, like the one Mr. Wier makes has NO buttons, yet it states we can have 3?

confused TD