Caulking from the Tile wholesaler

Scootch

Weathering is new to me, I'm fooling with Liquitex in a couple colors, and also picked up a jug of that grainy stuff too (also Liquitex) but in the end I decided to stick to my construction background and scored some textured caulking from the Tile wholesaler. Since I'm hand painting my helmet anyway (don't knock it...it's my first go) but it's looking pretty cool I think:

Sorry, the helmet has fresh paint so I caulked all the spots I could for starters...........The armor IS Liquitex Burnt Umber only which I applied with a spongie paint applicator then smeared away with moist paper towel.

I'll do this to the helmet later, but the caulking kind of has that RED DESERT DIRT look to it and it's grainy alright!

The caulk is 100% Acrylic made by Color Fast Industries and the color is "Nutmeg Sanded 5"

Their website is www.colorfastind.com

Hey it's cool for filling in gaps and stuff plus you can color over it too!

You know I had some difficulty with this thing, it had been assembled once before I aquired it. So I took it apart and started over. Probably just as well, I'm the type who learns best by making huge blowits! As you can see I'm learning alot! Ha! But My kid loves it and he's the one who's gonna be sporting it so it's all good! I call this one "Petie"...........

The colors are way too dark......I'll have to work on that, fortunately for anyone considering sanded caulk there are several colors to choose from.