Tube opposite of Mortar Tube

JohnQTK5122

Can someone point me to old threads about the tube on the left side of the pack? I can't find it by using the search method because I don't know what keywords to use. Too many references to "tubes" to do it that way.

OR, just tell me what you think it is - or what modern-day equivalent to it one might find somewhere.

But just point me to an old thread if you can - I'm sure this has been discussed at great length already.

Here is one I could find:

http://www.mepd.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2601

I could have sworn there was another one by MH that also spoke about it, but I cannot find it. Here is mine, prior to painting:

Posted Image

I used 1/2" ID (inside diameter) PVC, 3/4" ID black tubing, and a black 3/4" chair leg cap. I paid about $4 at Lowe's for the parts. I will paint it black and add it to the side of the pack as soon as the weather gets warm enough for me to paint.

Hope this helps,

Scott

Thanks, everyone. After reading many threads here, it seems like nobody really knows what that piece was in real life. Nobody I've shown the pictures to has had any ideas.

Do we know what imaginary thing it's supposed to be? Does it have a name in the Star Wars universe?