Dirty Armor

Blaster 8266

Hi I was wondering if I could get some opinions. Does anyone think that the armor in this picture is to dirty? Its is not the best picture of the armor but you can still se it so please let me know. It is my armor and I seem to get mixed reactions. The kids love it because they say I look battle damaged but what do the guys here think. Please let me know.

Posted Image

I think I might have more pics if ayone needs to see them to give an opinion. Thanks for time on this. Im trying to figure If I should sand it all down and start over.

It is a little blotchy. I would lessen it on the high spots. Weathering on ABS can be touchy, I would try and soften the appearance a little, by dabbing it off a bit. I would definitely add a dust layer, either with ground up charcoals (one dark gray, one light tan) or Fullers Earth. This will do wonders to give a more even weathering job, and tone down the difference between the painted parts and the clean parts.

I would also scrub your pauldron a good bit, try and get away from the brush stroke appearance. On the soft parts less is more. You are really close though, so don't get discouraged.

I just think you need more dirt in the cracks and seams and less on the high points. Less of a thick dried mud look would be good, IMHO. Only the SE sandtroopers appeared to have gone mudding (or mustard-flinging depending on how the color on your TV is set up).

I just think you need more dirt in the cracks and seams and less on the high points. Less of a thick dried mud look would be good, IMHO. Only the SE sandtroopers appeared to have gone mudding (or mustard-flinging depending on how the color on your TV is set up).

I'd go along with your opinion.

Not sure if my opinion counts as i have no armor of my own except a helmet, but i think perhaps that you have a bit too much mud. Remember that dirt and mud mostly sticks in corners. You will discover that when cleaning your house! Smooth areas gets less dirt, areas with angles get more. Try to get more greys and perhaps yellow, as your armor seems very brown. Especially on your helmet it seems a bit weird to me that you have some very clean rings around your microphones, as that would be one of the places where the mud and dirt would really stick. Good luck with it!