Boot info.

Rolf

I have try to buy boots.

But whit no luck.

I got the old version from Mark Cheng, the best i have seen/own.

And one pair of CA boots as well (not totally happy for them).

I have try to buy a new pair of MC boots a few years back, but they was crap.

Then i talk whit a person in my garrison, there have buy one pair over on ebay from MC again.

We have done a compare old MC version the new one.

The new version, still look crap compare to the new version.

And i sounds like there are good reasons why.

Just read here.

Peace out gang, lets hope that the real Mark Cheng will rise again.

To make he´s boots for all of us.

Rolf

Hi Rolf!

Yeah, I received the boots some time ago... and to be honest, the first pair looked better. They were a little less square-toed than the new ones. Furthermore, the new boots are... too big. Not a lot, but they're no size 11... mer like 11.5 or something.

I'm keeping them, nonetheless. IMO they look better than the CABoots, and they were cheap... an extra insole and I'll be fine.

I spoke to the seller of the boots, and he told this story:

Mark Cheng had a old mold of the boots. We use to sell them together and he lost interest in them. They are made in Vietnam by a family factory. Mark originally had these boots made in Brazil until the factory burned down. He started making them when I introduced him to a factory that could make them. In 2005 he lost interest and didn't want to sell anymore. I still sell them and what ever money that I made goes to my orphanage I help support at http://www.vietorphans.com.

I hope that clears up the confusion.

Then I PM'ed Mark on the RPF. His reply was interesting, to say the least:

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I just checked out Dinh's Ebay auction. I know for a fact that these boots are not being "donated" to needy kids. I find it ironic. They are being made in a sweat shop by kids and the profits are going back to needy children? Dinh is not even a Star Wars fan.

Yeah, I'm not in any way assoiciated with that guy or those boots. He use to be my former boss and friend. He ended up ripping me off big time at work. I made him a millionaire in the mortgage business and on top of that he took over my boot business. I told him I couldn't even endorse the boots that were coming out of the factory he sourced. They are cheaply made, not even real leather, smelled like fish, unglued, dirty, and uncomfortable. Those boots are made by child labor too in Vietnam. They only cost $10.00USd a pair. He's making a killing off them at BIN $75.00. That guy is bad news.

Mark Cheng

So, as you can see, Mark and Dinh had a little falling out... To be fair, the boots are not as bad as Mark says (they are made of leather and they don't smell fish), but they are no quality shoes either. The child labour accusations do bother me a great deal though.

So, in conclusion... the eBay "Darkside" boots are no way close to a pair of genuine Mark Cheng ones. They're likely to been made by child labourers, and they're not quality items. Still, they're better than what TrikToys and the likes are selling. The sizing seems to be hit or miss, and the accuracy is off. I'm going to keep mine and see how long they'll last. And I'll be waiting for Mark to offer boots again...

I'll take some pics and send to you in a few days.

Cheers,

Tom

FWIW, I have an original pair of MC's, and the info MC sent you is the same story he sent me as well of what went down, and the why's.

For this reason I just bought jodhpur boots and had them painted white, rather than buying them off ebay.

I just bought jodhpur boots and had them painted white.

That's your best bet

So did i.

My paint hold up good.

But i have not yet troop in them.

Have you, and who good stick the paint on.

Do you think "we" have to repaint them once in a while to hold them white.

Cheers

To be honest I cheated and had a cobbler do it, as I also had him replace the black elastic with white. I've trooped six times in then and while they have slight scuffs, they're holding up great.

Has anyone tried white shoe dye? I am getting a new pair soon and was thinking about trying this instead of paint.

I use the shoe dye item.

Stinks but are really strong, and hold up real good .

To be honest I cheated and had a cobbler do it, as I also had him replace the black elastic with white. I've trooped six times in then and while they have slight scuffs, they're holding up great.

Good idea whit the elastic mate

Has anyone tried white shoe dye? I am getting a new pair soon and was thinking about trying this instead of paint.

I tried the white dye on mine, and it was so thin and watery, I resorted to Krylon spray paint. It may have been the cheap shoe polish, or it may have been the material on the boots, or maybe even a bit of both. You may have to just try it and see what happens.

• 1 month later...

I tried looking on the Walmart website for jodphurs and came up with nothing. Are those $8. boots under a different name there?

Does anyone know how good MotorCowboy's boots are?

*I just noticed that the 59 price tag I thought was the boots price, was just for shipping, so even if MC is good, thats costly too.

I tried looking on the Walmart website for jodphurs and came up with nothing. Are those $8. boots under a different name there?

Does anyone know how good MotorCowboy's boots are?

*I just noticed that the 59 price tag I thought was the boots price, was just for shipping, so even if MC is good, thats costly too.

Here you go.

http://www.barnstormers.co.uk/acatalog/ ... BOOTS.html