do it yourself modifications

motman241

I posted this in another thread, but I'll post it here, too, so everyone can benefit.

Here is all you need to make your sandtrooper parts with the leftover ABS from your kits. You can also use plexiglass, plastic signs, painted clipboards, or whatever.

You should be able to print this page out, trace the shapes, cut and paste.

It's as easy as that.

If there's any questions or anything, don't hesitate to ask.

Posted Image

Thanks.. I was looking around for this earlier to finish up my TD.

However I do have a couple of questions regarding this. When I printed this out. it looks just a tad bit small.. could you post the measurement of the peices so I can know I have the right size? Thanks a bunch.

Good point. I forgot to add that to the picture.

BUT.... Always be aware that different armor and different people are different sizes, and these (while based on the FX armor) are just a guidline to get you started. They may need some minor fixing to suit your particular need.

OK, I added a scale towards the top. If you print it out, and that scale doesn't match up to your ruler (in inches), something went wrong.

I started to go through and list measurements for each part, but there just wasn't enough room for all of that. This way, that one measurement scale covers the whole page.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, so I just got my FX kit and I am trying to gather all the necessary things I'll need, like clamps, IS Velcro, etc. I will be using Dave's Garage videos as a guide as well as help from the MEPD, FISD and the Central Garrison.

I was looking at the templates you have made and I have a question. There is the Chest piece and then there is that small rectangle piece that goes behind the chest piece. What is that small piece for? Are you saying that it is attached to the back part of the chest piece and then is attached to the ab armor?

I will search some more on the forums, but is there any video or picture tutorials on going Sandy?

Ok, so I just got my FX kit and I am trying to gather all the necessary things I'll need, like clamps, IS Velcro, etc. I will be using Dave's Garage videos as a guide as well as help from the MEPD, FISD and the Central Garrison.

I was looking at the templates you have made and I have a question. There is the Chest piece and then there is that small rectangle piece that goes behind the chest piece. What is that small piece for? Are you saying that it is attached to the back part of the chest piece and then is attached to the ab armor?

I will search some more on the forums, but is there any video or picture tutorials on going Sandy?

Both the 'chest' pieces are for ab armor. The larger one goes in the centre rectangle on the ab, where regular troopers have button details, and the smaller one goes behind the cutout window of the larger one.

Now that fabric belts are determined to be canon, you can cannibalize your FX belt for this (the cheese grater hand plates not really being required), so no worries about trying to locate spare ABS.

If anyone needs the ABS strips that are used for the belts on FX kits, I can get you as many as you need.

PM me or email me at:

tupperwaretk@ yahoo.com

Actually that's a great option for side gap material we well, as the plastic will match the armor. Most other solutions look wrong for that reason methinks.