I'm back

SkalenFehl

I find that some trooper are on the big side and cant fit to well in a ANH style kit such as my self. but im gonna upgrade to a better helmet soon so rock what you got and have fun trooping on the dirtier side of life

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, dangit, I think I've everything I need to finally be MEPD, but my backpack fell apart at the last event. I let a garrison mate wear it and as we were suiting him down I dropped it on the asphalt and it kind of fell apart.

I gotta look around here for the application or list or whatever I need to finally be deployed. Sorry my participation here is sporadic. I'm sure nobody misses me anyway.

I've been on a bit of a hiatus but I'm looking at being a part of the gang again as I was previously briefly. Most of you probably don't even remember me.

Anyway, I have been a TK for the longest time and am repainting my armor to look a little better. I have the FX armor, though I wish it was TE. Oh well. Anyway, I've been scouring the other posts in search of what will qualify for TD status on the legion. Right now aside from a dirty set of armor, an orange shoulder pauldron and shoulder pouches. Am I set for a TD application with the Legion.

Hoping to catch up with old friends and make more new ones. I'll share some pics asap. Peace!

Welcome back amigo!

It HAS been a long time hasn't it?

T

Yes it has.

I just noticed something in a lot of the pictures of the deployed trooper images. Many only have one ammo pouch. Am I missing something (aside from a secondary mandatory/optional pouch)?

Otherwise I think I'm ready for deployment. Sir!

Well,

If you ask me, the magic number would be three. One MP38/40 on the right and the left side of your armor, and a third pouch slung over your left shoulder resting on yo chest.

It is my custom to have the "chest" pouch only when I'm toting my backpack. If I'm without backpack no pouch on me chest...just the two on my belt.

Also, the pouches don't have to MP38/40s. I've got a "bitchen" authentic Stolla Wien on me left side and I alternate between my authentic German MG-34 leather tool kit and a Norwegian MP38/40 on my right.

T

Depending on your side of the this agrument, drop boxes were worn by the Special Edition sandtroopers.

The OT sandtroopers did not have the drop boxes.

I personally align myself with the OT sandtroopers where "canon" means no drop boxes when I suit up.

T

I also see pics with TD's wearing drop boxes. Maybe these are outdated. All I need is another ammo pouch and I'll apply.

Those photos pre-date the addition of the "no drop boxes" requirement. We actually have plans in place that would allow for the specific deployment of Special Edition troopers but no one has done one yet.

The IMA pouches are great, you could use that on your shoulder & put the leather one on your belt and be authentic to some of the movie troopers.

After reviewing three pages of backpack images and references I've come to some conclusions about rebuilding mine/building a second one.

-It's going to be difficult to get a perfectly accurate looking backpack

-building a custom pack to qualify under the "two box with smaller boxes and canisters" rule is going to be more fun.

-It looks so easy

-It's much harder than it looks

-I'm going to incorporate some of the boxes/canisters to double up as housing for my radio shack personal microphone system and also a means to drink water from using either my camel pack to fit in one of the larger boxes with some of those small diameter wire loom tubes to cover the wiring and sipping tube to go under my bucket from behind. This should be interesting

-It's gotta be as light as possible

I've done some more research on my pack and how I'm going to wire and rig it up. I want to sound like a real police officer with a two way radio and background police chatter. So I wrote a script and had a friend created the audio for it. I wish I knew how to record this stuff so I can do more (I also plan to make a small fan film about the rigors of desert troopers deployed in Utah's many deserts). In the meantime this is what's going to loop in my backpack. Might as well make the radio box do it's job!

Trooper chatter

I will eventually create a much longer script so it's not so repetitive when looped and will include some action sequences and patrolling situations.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just wanted to update my status just in case anyone was wondering. I've run into some financial troubles recently and resorted to selling my TD...or at least trying. Still hasn't sold yet, but I'm slowly picking myself back up. I'm on the fence about just selling it and catching up with life or keeping it and upgrading my backpack. I feel like a slacker.

Anyway, I hope everyone is having a great Christmas holiday. I went with my garrison to a veteran's nursing home and sang Christmas carols for about an hour to a lot of vets while they ate their lunch. We weren't in costume or anything, just went in casual attire and made a difference in our community today. It was a really cool experience. Some of the vets' eyes lit up and some sang along.

That's my report for now. Peace.

Bro I was worried at the beginning of your post but then I saw this part

but I'm slowly picking myself back up.

That is the toughest part, keep your head up brother.

I feel like a slacker.

Bro you ain't a slacker, its called life and sometimes it gets in the way of the fun.

Merry Christmas to you and yours too!

I went with my garrison to a veteran's nursing home and sang Christmas carols for about an hour to a lot of vets while they ate their lunch. We weren't in costume or anything, just went in casual attire and made a difference in our community today. It was a really cool experience. Some of the vets' eyes lit up and some sang along.

nice! i hadn't heard of a garrison doing a "troop" like that out of armor.

if you do keep it, you can always just do a cheap update to your pack. i just rebuilt mine... not at all accurate, but it looks the part and i only spent about $40 on it.