Humbrol #47 Help.

Grand Moff Niko

Would you like a link to an online hobby store that sells the paint and have it shipped to you? I can't get it in my area either and that's what I did. I'm in Ohio and had to have it shipped form CA (better shipping price than the UK I guess...).

It may be a little expensive to get it shipped all the way to you, but you could pick up a nice supply and never have to worry about it again...

Just a thought.

Try to have it shipped via the UK or the US. It may be a local thing for you, but the supplier "should" be able to tell you. Be sure to pick up a bunch (they are small, but go a long way) It will help with the shipping cost. That's the only thing I would do different.

The USPS doesn't permit aerosol cans in its packages. To ship a spray paint you'll need to use UPS and pay the hazardous material surcharge. Also, each country has a listing of what you can and cannot send into the country via any carrier. Often it includes things that are legal to ship within the country. Check the list for AU before sending a can there, or else it might be seized.

I did a Google search, and found this comparison chart:

http://www.seatejectcolor.com/seat/colo ... abelle.htm

...It lists Humbrol colors and it's matches with Testor, Tamiya, Revell and a few other brands. You might find a brand there that you can get in an aussie hobbyshop. Hope it might be of some help, although I have no idea how accurate it is.

O.K. –

Thanx for that link. Looks great for future reference.

Now- My Bad! I rang around paint suppliers asking about Humbrol. Everyone said that they didn’t stock it. What I didn’t know was that Humbrol is a ‘Model’ paint. So I rang my nearest Model Place today and Bingo! I brought a tin of enamel and acrylic.

I will take these and get them color matched into ‘pressure pack’ cans. Easy for me to paint with.

Thanx everyone who helped.

Cheers, Niko.

Just make sure you buy enough of it to fill your needs for the future, as Humbrol paints doesn't get made anymore...Humbrol was acquired by another company a few years back, so get whatever you can find on the shelves - especially #47, #5, #21 and #15.

(Sure, there are substitues for using Humbrol, but hey!...It's Humbrol!)

Also, let the first layer of paint dry for at least 6 hours before adding the next one (longer, if you thin the paint). I made a right mess the first time I painted the frown on my helmet, and discovered enamels aren't that easy to wipe off. The error I made, was painting the second layer only an hour or so after the first one, resulting in the second layer of paint reliquefying the first...That was a fun night.