Helmet woes !

TD-1549

Ok , I have a problem....

Firstly I have all my armor ready to go and modded , it's only FX armour but I like it and it's been with me a long time, I have done the ab plate , pouches , knee plate , canvas belt , got rid of the ribbed straps , hand plate is sorted ,drop boxes have been removed,no holster, backpack is built , armour is all weathered and just got hold of one of the Freaks excellent MG34's.

My only concern now is the helmet. I weathered it at the same time as the rest of the suit , it's got 4 teeth drilled out , flat green lenses and correct decals fitted. But..... I'm not entirley happy with it , because it's an FX lid it is oversized , I'm only 5'10" and I think it looks kind of bobble headed !

I do have a GF helmet on the shelf but it's a hero helmet and would need to have work done to it to bring it upto spec , plus I don't fancy changeing it as I've grown quite attached to it.

So I suppose I should start looking for a new helmet , I have been trawling through ebay for a few weeks but all there seems to be are fibreglass and FX lids.

I would prefer an ABS helmet but not another FX one.

So my question is.....

What would be the best type of helmet to keep my eyes out for ?

Cheers,

Andy.

If you are after ABS, either look out for a AP or RTmod. If you want a more accurate helmet & aren't stuck on a particular material either a TM or TE2 would be my choice. Skip ebay entirely, pretty much every helmet that comes along anymore is a fiberglass rip-off or a super-soft recast.

My understanding is that the TM is gloss High Impact Polystyerene (HIPS) and the TE2 is flat polystyrene (Is it HIPS as well, anyone?). I've heard the gloss stock isn't commonly available in the US.

When I was shopping, I found that the AP kit shipped was almost as much as the TM helmet completed and shipped (minus mic tips/liner, etc.). The TM helmet is a beautiful piece, and a good deal to boot.

Some folks find the provenance of AP and TE2 to be more valuable. I suppose it just boils down to what you like best and what you find most valuable to you.

I looked into RT-mod too. His is a good original sculpt. I just liked the TM sculpt better. Again, just opinion.