Black around the grey or not?

steve12201

OK, I've been searching through the posts looking to see what is correct. Now I am confused because I've seen lids painted both ways. Does the grey teardrops and/or the grey trapezoids around the top of the helmets get black pinstripes or left plain grey? In addition, is any black applied to the features on the ears? I've seen some outlined in black and different variations of the "ribs" painted black. What is right????

Thanks,

Steve

I made a few mods to my ear cover and the bucket beneath it so I could hear better. It really helps with being able to hear what is said and not just the echoes of it inside the bucket.

Here's the views of the mod (made before I dirtied up):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Check here:

http://www.gotarmor.net/buildlog4.html

I did a search and got some description on the google page, but the actual web page is blocked for me at work. If that doesn't have it, I am looking into my Garrison resources to get it for you.

Hang in there, we'll get you hooked up.

The stripes on the ear are more likely for decoration. Do you really think Lucas said, ok here is a ranking system for the stormtroopers - ear stripes!? They did have the pauldrons to denote rank. I remember hearing about the ear rank from more than one source, but for all I know, somebody could have just made it up and it spread until people took it as gospel. BTW, I think the TD's only have one stripe per ear.