My First Weathering Attempt.

Howdy Folks!

Just a wee post to let you see my first attempt at weathering my AP armour.Finally got around to starting it but I thought I'd let you folk see how it's going.

To be honest I'm pretty chuffed with how it turned out but I'd like your opinions and any advice/tips as to where to go from here.

I've only done the chest/hand plates so far but the rest of it is on it's way(eventually).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's been a lot of fun strangely enough actuall doing the dirtying but I'm happy at the mo with the way things are going-god knows when I'll get around to doing the helmet-took me long enough to get the courage up to do what I've done so far!But there's one more "dirty" trooper on the horizon!!!!!!!!

So!all criticisms will be gratefully appreciated guys so let rip!!!!!

Thanks again folks.

Iain.

{SMILIES_PATH}/salute.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/duim.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/salute.gif

awesome weathering!

****, i need to find a supplier for fullers earth here in germany or at least in europe! shipping from the US is much higher than the actual fullers...

anyone info???

awesome weathering!

****, i need to find a supplier for fullers earth here in germany or at least in europe! shipping from the US is much higher than the actual fullers...

anyone info???

Try fleabay: http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll...e=fullers+earth lots here in the UK, but doesn't look like any colour variations :(

Rocko--

You might try quick setting cement mix if you can't get fuller's earth. I've tried a brand called Cementone that you can get in B&Q - it's the same powdery consistency and dusty gray as fuller's earth and looks nearly identical to it on the armour. Make sure it's the one without aggregate added unless you want to pebble-dash your suit! Not sure what the lime in it will do to the plastic long term (if anything --the stuff comes in a plastic bucket!!) but it seems a reasonable substitute and a lot easier to get.

My 2 credits anyway.

chris

Thanks for the positive comments guys!!They certainly gave me a wee boost and the incentive to finish the weathering.

Just need to find something now that I can use to seal the weathering instead of hairspray. If I use anymore of the girlfriends I'll be known as the trooper with the high squeky voice.

Will post some more pics up once the actual armour is sorted.

All the best folks!!!

Iain.