SDS rework

wannab

I finally got around to cutting into and fixing my SDS lids. It took quite a bit to get them to look right. I had to cut and reposition quite a lot -- trim the eyes and ears, even up the dome as much as possible. the eyes on the hero needed a lot to get the lenses to seat right. I had to bring the bottoms forward and trim the brow (stunt) to even it out. I riveted it back together it seemed to firm up the finished product. Still not perfect but they are as close as they can be. I wouldn't have had the guts to take this on prior to working on my TE lids.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

nice rework! well done!

try to take pictures from a bigger distance just using zoom, it will show more of the actual proportions! i hope you get what i mean?!?

Yeah Rocko I know what you mean, but it seems to be tough to get a non blurry shot with my camera that way. I did take these from about 5-6 feet away and just cropped the image. Best I can do with my cruddy camera -- I'd rather have the lids than a better camera anyway, lol.

• 2 weeks later...