Another Mic Tip Question

wannab

I have noticed (after looking through some real trooper pics) that some of the black wraps around to the inside (say 1/4 inch) on the stunts. The heros seem to have all black inner walls with white only at the interior base.

Mesh -- Metal, brass colored or silver? I have both a cream colored resin with brass mesh and white resin with silver mesh. I tend to believe that it should be silver but I can't really confirm based on pics I've seen.

**** the details!

Most were all white on the inside (or off white), painted black on the outside with silver, unpainted stainless steel mesh screens.

Some were all white on the inside with the mesh screens painted black (the move along helmet was like this).

There is at least one helmet, a hero helmet, that has the inside walls of the mic tips painted all black and with the screens painted black.

Some mic tips in the Tantive IV scenes were all white and only painted black around the bottom base section of the mic.

If you are trying to copy a specific helmet from screen shots and the mesh screens look like they are mounted quite far back, then the screens are probably painted black, as all screens are mounted near the front.

Keith.