Left Calf Armor

bearden6521

My left calf armor seems to turn outward after a few minutes of wearing/walking in it. I added foam to the inside to make it more snug but it doesn't seem to be working. Perhaps I need to add more.

Does anyone have any ideas on correcting this issue? I'd hate to have kids pointing at my leg at an event "daddy, daddy his leg is twisted! "

You could try using velcro to stop it sliding.

My guess is that you have the armour assembled incorrectly. I see it so many times with the shins and it's always the left shin that is assembled with right side parts.

...and that's how the AP kit actually comes, BTW.

I have the oh-so lovely FX armor (some day it will be upgraded, I promise!) and my whole left leg looks odd. The thigh piece is flattened just like I've seen so many other FX armor wearers, and then the shin piece is totally twisted. You can clearly see what I'm talking about below...

http://www.td1043.com/photos/2007_03_26 ... c_6062.jpg

I don't think it's because I put the armor together incorrectly, but I think it simply has to do with the way the armor was sculpted/casted. I could be wrong, but that's my guess.

Mike from what I have seen, it's the way people assemble them rather than the kit. I know the AP/SDS don't have four seperate parts, usually three and one doubled up outer right. People are building the complete right leg and putting it on their left with the sniper plate on and the only left leg part (outer left) is being used for the inner right. Maybe they are just copying what AA does but it isn't the right way which is resulting in the sliding?

I have to agree with Mike on this one TM. I really don't think I assembled it wrong. They both appear to be the same (either rights or lefts ).

I only have foam padding on one of the sides. I will try putting it on both but I think I may have trouble closing it if I do. My calves are slightly larger than then norm. I think the velcro idea might just work. I pondered that idea but was worried about the lycra undersuit fraying up.

Thanks for the help guys!

If it's any help? on the sds armour, the first thing I needed to change was swaping the sniper plate over onto the other calf piece & then added a little foam to the inside leg. Now I've got complete circulation running through both my legs again & my kneecaps are free from pain. I just have to remember that the red dot means left leg now. I'll be interested to know what solution you find works the best looking at the docking bay some troopers have calf problems too

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u127 ... p_troo.png

Oh OK. So the AP only comes with two doubled up parts for the shins? I thought they were just like the GF with three parts and one doubled up but AP must have ditched the other mould

Maybe if your shins are too big, try taping them closed tighter than normal and gently reheat them and when you remove the tape, they should spring open slightly but be tighter than before. That's what I do when I need to make parts smaller/narrower even though I use HIPS, ABS is still a thermoplastic and should work the same.

Some pics would be nice

-Paul.

I added a piece of foam to the inner bottom of my ankle. It seemed to correct the problem I was having and it actually gave the calf armor a "straighter" appearance . TM...as for pics, it's at work in my storage tub . Maybe someone else can post a few pics side by side of their AP calves...

Oh OK. So the AP only comes with two doubled up parts for the shins? I thought they were just like the GF with three parts and one doubled up but AP must have ditched the other mould

Maybe if your shins are too big, try taping them closed tighter than normal and gently reheat them and when you remove the tape, they should spring open slightly but be tighter than before. That's what I do when I need to make parts smaller/narrower even though I use HIPS, ABS is still a thermoplastic and should work the same.

Some pics would be nice

-Paul.

My AP are like TM says.

Whit 3 different ones, and two of them are the same.

Just like the GF.

I got two GF before my two AP.

And they was the same skin bones.

Cheers.

Rolf