Thigh Issues

nierfherder

Hi all. I currently have the FX kit, but I'm not too happy with the way the thighs turned out (or maybe I'm just being too ******* myself and they actually look fine, you be the judge). They seem to go oblong down by the knees. I tried to tighten them up and remove the oblong bend, but I only ended up making them more uncomfortable (tighter). Does anyone know of a good replacement for these? Or, if anyone knows of a better way to fix them, I will happily get some knew FX thighs and give it another go.

Here's a pic:

Posted Image

Hi there, I won't pretend to be an expert , I am at the moment putting together my first kit , but I have looked at picture after picture for the past year for reference and every f/x leg I can recall is squared off a bit at the bottom , you could try heating and reshaping but caution when doing this , could easily end up looking a mess or if you want to spend ££££ ££££'s sds will supply thighs also rt will do thighs seperate, the only thing there is the strip running down the front which I believe both of these have , unlike the f/x where it wraps round so you might need to add a strip to the fronts of the calfs as well.

I expect others do thighs seperate but these two are ones I know of for definate.

Cheers................

I don't think they look bad, by any means. If you did want to cut them small to try and change the shape you could always use white vinyl trim that you can pick up at Home Depot. This is what I used. I cut my thighs too small as well and I used this as a spacer and just riveted the material.

I think at some point along its evolution the FX armor thighs became more barrel shaped. The current thighs look much wider than the older ones did. I had an FX armor from back in the GT days (late 90's) and the thighs were closer to normal. I've even seen some FX suits where the thighs were so wide it looked like they were walking on stilts.

Maybe there were just a lot of people requesting thigh shims so someone modified the molds. ???

I think at some point along its evolution the FX armor thighs became more barrel shaped. The current thighs look much wider than the older ones did. I had an FX armor from back in the GT days (late 90's) and the thighs were closer to normal. I've even seen some FX suits where the thighs were so wide it looked like they were walking on stilts.

Maybe there were just a lot of people requesting thigh shims so someone modified the molds. ???

I got my kit in '01 and it came with the skinny thighs, so it was sometime after that.

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I'm still not sure what I am going to do. I may just leave them as is. I'm toying with the idea of getting another set of the FX thighs and modifying them to be more screen accurate. As it was mentioned above, the FX are pretty much squared off at the bottom. I may look into the RT thighs, but for now I think I'll concentrate on getting a smaller helmet.

Thanks!