FINALLY! My new pack (progress)

tk0600

Well, I have finally started my pack. To date this pack, it was over a year and a half ago that I made the frame. I guess good things come to those who wait. Still needs some important parts (radio box). But it is really starting to take shape.

Speaking of radio boxes. What have you guys and gals used (base box) to scratch build yours?

I am having a blast finding all the pieces and parts on this build. Let me know what you guys think. Comments and feedback are welcome and incouraged.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nice build-up!

I scratch built my radio box out of sheet plastic, using the MH radio plate.

...which BTW, the model/mold has been redone by the Crashmann in even cleaner, sharper detail. The premiere backpack kit is now more of a MH/SB/CM creation.

Paul that looks fantastic!! Did you use a found main box? I know you were looking at photo developing trays.

I have a case of the correct diameter tubes for the side mortar so I'll have to get one of those to you, I have an extra radio box too... It's been too long since our last build, sorry my health has been so crap getting in the way!

You're going to be deployed before me! Wanna build mine?

Yep, sure do. I thought maybe Paul had found the holy grail, he seemed to have a few good leads back a couple months ago just nothing in the right dimensions.

Those vintage tupperware parts must be getting hard to find on eBay with all the Sandtroopers buying them, have the prices gone up?

Mike is the new MH/SB/CM radio box the one for sale on your site?

The boxes are indeed from Mike. Thanks a bunch Mike. They are great! Thanks for all the kind words you guys. Luke, get yourself well so that we can get your pack together as well. And I will absolutely take you up on your radio box/morter tube offer. I have two desset bowls (02 cannister caps) for you my friend.

Yea, the photo developer trays didn't work out as a lead. Oh well.

There seems to be still allot of tupperware on Ebay and readily available.

Use these search terms

Tupperware

Tupperware buger

Tupperware dessert

Tupperware stow

Tupperware stow-n-go

Thanks guys.

Paul

...Mike is the new MH/SB/CM radio box the one for sale on your site?

Yes, but I haven't taken any pictures yet. It's essentially the same, except the model was made in cut plastic and MDF by the Crashmann, as opposed to foam, then hydro-stone like everything else. The dimensions are still the same but it does not have some of the lumpy characteristics of a foam sculpt. Very sharp, holds up better after repeated pulls... two people here got them with their last orders. I have two more in inventory.

The dimensions are still the same but it does not have some of the lumpy characteristics of a foam sculpt.

Hang on a sec! Lumpy = Star Wars! Well, at least the SW I know and love.

Anyway, your pack looks great so far, TK0600. You can't go wrong with Mike's radio box, lumpy or not.

Made some more progress. Wanted to share a tip. You can put the two main boxes together with a 6" bolt. Just drill holes in both boxes. put the bolt through, then on the inside, thread over the bolt a piece of PVC pipe that is as long as the inside of the boxes when they are put together. This keeps the center of the box from caving in. I then used a drywall anchor to tighten it down. I thenj hid the bolts and anchors under pices of the pack. I know I probably butchered this explanation. I will try and draw a diagram that illustrates it this week.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also completed the top of the manifold. Not exactly cannon, but does the trick.

Posted Image

Put on the mortor tube also.

Posted Image

Anyway, just thought I would share my progress. This build has been allot of fun.

Paul