Frustration, frustration, frustration

I can not believe it!

The part I have dreaded working on the most on my MG34 has been the trigger housing (grip / trigger ring). I could easily buy one from a distributer here in Canada, but the distributer is a five hour drive away, and the (insert appropriate insulting derogitory terms and swearing here) want 150 bucks for it!

Well, today I thought I got lucky. A guy was selling one on ebay, and I managed to snag it for less than half what that distributer was asking for one.

I was ecstatic. All I had to do was wait for the guy to inform me how much he wanted for shipping, and the part I least wanted to model would not have to be modeled at all.

Then I got this:

Dear Boingo,

Thank you for your bid on the following auction-style listing:

Item number: 290064737980

Title: WW2 Orginal German MG34 triggergroup

Unfortunately, eBay has removed this auction-style listing. All bids or offers on this listing have been canceled. Because the listing was ended, you no longer have any obligation to purchase this item.

Listings are removed for different reasons. For example:

- The way the item was listed may violate eBay policy.

- The sale of the item may be prohibited by eBay.

- The sale of the item may be prohibited by law.

- The removal may be part of a separate action taken by eBay that is unrelated to the listing itself.

We hope you understand that, due to privacy concerns, we're unable to discuss the details of why this listing was ended. However, please note that the removal of this listing should not suggest that this seller's standing in the eBay Community has been called into question.

For more information on why eBay may remove a listing, please go to:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/listing-ended.html

For information on how you can protect yourself and help ensure a positive buying experience in the future, visit:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/buyer_checklist.html

We're sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety

I was robbed!

I was robbed I tells ya!

ARRRRGH!

WTF?!

In your case, Seth, what was the reason they pulled the listing? I've been buying and selling on Ebay a long time, and the only reason I ever saw anything pulled was due to a request from a third party (i.e. - infringement of some sort).

Crazy.

I am beginning to suspect ebay figured the trigger housing could be used on a working gun. Perhaps if the seller did something to it to make it non-functional, such as filling in the section where the triger parts fit with resin or solder, it might not have been pulled.

In your case, Seth, what was the reason they pulled the listing?

My scary plastic gun did not have a blaze orange tip. So, its my fault for not stuffing a safety earplug in the barrel for the pic. At the time I was unaware of the ebay's policy on that.

Yeah, I've been into airsoft for a while now, and the US won't allow any imports without the orange tip. Nevermind that you can easily remove it or paint over it. Wait, did I say that out loud?

Boingo, try to contact the seller and ask him if he would sell the item directly to you, without putting an auction on ebay...

is a little bit risky... but I purchased a lot of things using this method

Boingo, try to contact the seller and ask him if he would sell the item directly to you, without putting an auction on ebay...

Funny you should say that, because that is exactly what I did (More precisely, he contacted me.), but I did not want to mention it until I actually got the part in hand.

I am nervous about the part going through customs. Unlike the other parts I have gotten (a bipod and a buffer seat), this part is clearly recognizable as part of a gun. I may know that it is only going to be part of a model made mostly of wood, PVC, and polyester resin, but the the folks at the boarder do not.

People are paranoid these days, and that gives me good cause to be paranoid about them being paranoid.

• 4 weeks later...

Update: Four weeks later, and the part has not arrived. The post office has no record of it, and I have not received any notice from customs, which the post office says I should receive if it got hung up there.

Geez!

I am currently in discussion with the fellow I bought it from, and we are trying to figure out what is going on.

At this current rate, I am never going to get my MG34 model done.

<a firing pin being sold without any incident at all. Unlike the trigger housing, these are parts that are actually required for firing the weapon!

So the part I wanted, which is not essential for building a functional weapon, is pulled, because it looks dangerous, but other parts that are required for building a working weapon are able to go through with no trouble at all.

People are so stupid. >>