TD Armor has been approved!!! Looking for TD pic?

TD8099

I need help getting my armor approved by my 501st 70th Explorer Leader.

My Membership Liaison: Rhonda Brown - TB1165/BH1165,

had few concerns about my armor before I listed in the 501st as TD.

One being the weathering. she' not sure it is accurate with sandtrooper markings. She was going to check with some Sandtrooper experts.

She said I could also post my pictures here and get some input, as she would accept that as well.

SO HERE I'AM

My weathering I thought was okay because I used TK-409's insructions on my ANH armor.

But Maybe I'm wrong. I added a little battle damage. Should I have not done that?

Also noticed the TD's in the 501st 70th explorer (Where I'm from as SL 8099) and none of them really have any dirt on them. They look like they just got dropped off on Tatooine for active duty

Is that the way I need to look?

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT

Posted Image

Posted Image

TD 2479,

The armor is ANH. The ANH armor I got on ebay from some nut selling it for $200!!!!

I thought well I can go ahead and make the armor TD instead of TK with the instructions on how to paint armor by TK 409. I added some batel damage to it as well.

The armor is made of thicker plastic so I'm wondering if they were bad pulls or maybe an experment with thicker plastic for the price of $200.

As for the helmet it's FX of course. One day I would like an un assembled ANH helmet.

Yes... here is the Field Pack.

Some of it was from TK 409 design and I used some others for my own so that way the Pack can carry things in it. It also holds a Bike water bottle so that way I can take it off the pack when I get thirsty from the heat.

I've been joking around and inside the pack I've stored real ARMY MRE's

Posted Image

hmmm... while it should not be a factor for gaining admittance into the legion as a TD, I will say your armor is a bit sketchy. Looks like a really bad recast of an FX and AP kit. The diamond knee plate is also... funky.

Regarding the backpack, it's not my thing. For the longest time we always encouraged folks to build their packs and have fun doing so. Heck I did it, starting with the infamous Studio Creations design. But, I think a majority of us are more inclined to move towards more accurate packs (no, I'm not trying to sell stuff ). Just something to consider.

For the most part, as long as it's not made out of cardboard, you do pass 501st standards for a TD. Seth, correct me if I'm wrong. I think you need ammo pouches, too.

TD 1536,

You're correct on the armor being bad cast. It's made of very thick plastic compare to the plastics used for ANH or FX.

That's why I geared more to TD then TK. Atleast I can get away with wear and tear Ya Know?

I have ammo pouches I just didn't put them on when taking the pics. They will be on for last photo to submit to 70th Explorers.

As for the Fields pack I did my best to get it semi close to looking like a Fields Pack but more situable for my needs. And good news, it's not made out of cardboard.

So over all I'm wanting to see if my paint job is okay.

My leader doesn't have a problem with the cast of the armor just was wondering about the weathering.

Seth, thanks for the coment. Not bad for very low budget. To me it almost seem's like you've got to have thousands and thousands of dollars to be in the 501st..... unless you've got connections. Bottom line, alot of Red Tape and I do respect that or we would have cloth costumes with Don Post masks.

What ever you guys can do to help me to get this thing fixed before my time is up and I'll be greatful:D

Seth, correct me if I'm wrong. I think you need ammo pouches, too.

Yeah, I missed that. Toss them on for your official photos.

As far as having thousands of dollars into your costume for the 501st I would say that is not too far from the truth. Over time you will continue to work on your suit & accessories (most do) and upgrade things here and there. I would throw some effort at the pack over time, but it is passable. I'd probably fabricate a radio face for the bottom box and maybe toss some little side tubes on the non-mortar launcher side. This of course is nothing more than constructive criticism so don't take personal offense to any of it. No one starts off looking perfect but you are off to a nice start. It'll be nice to have another TD in the Legion.

Thanks on the Field Pack tips. I will do that. I ran out of paint and money to get the rest of that done.

Thanks for all your help here on my costume.

So is the weathering of the armor passaible? Will it work? Do I need to wype some paint off or add too?

Thanks once again guys ':y:'

One thing you might want to do is find a better ab plate and belt but for$200 it's not that bad also try to fab up a new knee plate other than that you look fine you should not have any problems getting your TD # from the legion. Go out have fun with your armor and worry about the details as you go. Troop on

• 10 months later...

After a year of hard work and red tape. The armor was approved!!!

Thanks guys for all your help.

P.S.

I was at Star Wars Fan Days in Plano TX. Got a pic with a fellow TD.

sthey would post here.

Point me in the right direction of where to find it.

Thanks!!