69th Imperial Dewback Cavalry

motman241

LOL!

Here is the skinny on the 69th Dewback Cavalry regiment......

The Southern Outpost had a lot of stormtroopers, and from the start, they all wanted to be TD's. Pretty soon we had zero or just one regular TK among us at events. As time wore on a bunch of us got caught up in the re-invigoration of the MEPD and so here we are...... But also, at that time one of our members jokingly thought of the idea of having our own squad of TD's " the Dewback riders squad" that could do the grey pauldron and cattle prod TD troopers from films toys, bad dreams whatever.. but in the midst of that all, one of our members went out and MADE a new pauldron using some fake lizard skin they found in the scrap bin at the fabric store.. We'll that was so cool looking that we decided to make a handful of those pauldrons" now dubbed Dewback Skin" pauldrons and that or the grey one would signify our little squad of misfit sandtroopers...

Well all this was in fun at the time, so being the responsible CO of the garrison i knew that we COULD set up our own 'sub-units' at the garrison level for our own purposes, but the "squad" designation was an offical unit designation of the 501st, so we chose to organize the group as a "regiment" and then numbered it with the obligatory "69th" TD-6873, the brain's behind the idea is our Regimental Captain, and so we set out making patches and trooping in our gear at non-canon events together as a fun cool Sandtrooper group...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

But in the midst of all of this, we did have the option of trying to make this a legion wide detachment, there can be more than one detachment per costume type per the charter..... but we felt that it would look too distracting from the MEPD which we all love from the bottom of our dirty boots, so we left it as it is....all in fun....

However, I think it would be a great idea to consider opening the unoffical 69th Dewback Cavalry Regiment and see how it is received... but i'd have to defer my opinion to the Regimental founders to see what they all say about it...

Its just a fun thing to do in the garrison, nothing grand..

The MEPD is for us to create movie representations in accuracy and authenticty, but the Dewback Cav, for lack of a better term, is the fun uniform, maybe an MEPD off duty or 'special assignment' uniform, for those convention Belly dancer inspection patrols you find yourself assigned!!!

-Bamatrooper

TD-152

MEPD-DL

Southern Outpost - CO

If other Garrison's want to make ther own Cav units I don't have a problem with it. However I do believe that the regimental number 69 should stay in the SO and other Garrison's use other numbers.

TD6873 the 69th dewback Cav leader should however have a say on what he thinks.

The 69th Dewback Cav required members to have the unique Dewback pauldron and a Dewback prod as well.

So keep that in mine if you decide to make you own units.

That's awesome! I'll have to let my garrison know what this is all about and see how they recieve it. I think that it would be a fun time to design a unique pauldron and patch for the new regiment. Let me know some more info about how to go about this please. If you want to keep this a secret and private thing, I understand completely. If you don't, however, please give me some more info.

Sorry! Just truly read the above post by Bama. So, it's a sub-unit with in your garrison? I'd probably have to talk with the garrison CO about that one. Thanks for all the info and updates!

We're awful proud of the 69th Imperial Dewback Cavalry down here in the Southern Outpost and would love nothin' more than to share it with the legion. But, as much as I'd love to make this regiment legion-wide, it'd be steppin' on some toes and bending some serious rules in the charter. We, in no way, try to compete with or confuse ourselves with the MEPD. Heck, I was a proud MEPD before the 69th IDC came to mind.

We are unofficial in the legion's eyes, so we have to keep it within the Southern Outpost garrison. I would encourage any of the other garrisons that want to have a dewback cavalry to start one within their operating area. Pick yerself a number and get started.

Hey all... Well Im going to start working on OUR own dewback cav unit here, based out of the Mtn Grs (we are sitting at approx 22 TD's right now, just took over in numbers our TKs if my info is correct). Im hoping that we can encompass Not the Joey Kevins garrison over in AZ and NV. Im looking at using a number from one of the units out of Ft. Funny, err Carson located in Colorado Springs, CO.... I am wanting to use one of the numbers of a unit that has been deployed to Iraq as a honor towards them.. Hard for me (a former Marine) to do, but I gotta hand it to these doggies outta Carson, they got their $h*t wired and are kickin a$$ and taken names!! Hence why I would like to honor them...

So, anyone have negatives about this they want to share???? Please let me know... Laters...

Actually, while I think the Dewback Cav. is awesome, I don't really see a point to doing it legion wide. I mean, we (the MEPD) ARE the Legion's Dewback Cav in the technical sense, since we have the most canon guys "most likely to be seen on a big lizard" out of the Legion.

Again, this is in no way a slam on the dewback cav. ****, I even have one of their patches myself, but I'm happy enough just being a proud member of the MEPD, where Dirt = Commitment.

Yeah even though the legion charter is ok with multile detachments per costume type, typically the legion seems to receive the whole detachment idea as a costume specific organization of the characters from the films..

so with the perception the way it is, to actively make the DC a detachment is too distracting from our purpose here inthe MEPD, and i don't think anyone wants anything different.... but if some of you want ot make DC "REGIMENTS" in your own garrison as a fun convention thing for the same fun and gun reasons, then thats kinda cool..

I do want to stress that we need to keep that same spirit and enthusuasm for the MEPD , that is why we are all here.

I'm wearing my MEPD patch with my TD gear and so does all of our garrison TD's even the clean ones Ok so we're not all canon witht he patch but when canon calls we can remove them easily enough...

If anything, I think the DC ideas help bring MORE emphasis on dirty sandtroopers among the ranks of 501st members just liek the MEPD did to all of us at one time, giving us that push to go sandy.....and if it helps promote dirt, then we in the MEPD will also benefit fom its popularity as well.

I think we all have the right sense of how it all should be perceived.

ON with the Dirt!!!

-Joey

TD-152

I agree with the Dewback theme - we are the ones who ride the dewbacks - that's why I figured all sandtroopers should/could be in it. I also agree with supporting our true commitment - the MEPD. I (usually) always have my MEPD patch around my arm. Looks like I'm am MP or something.