Norwegian MP-40 to Stolla Wien style pouches?

Has any one tried converting the Norwegian MP-40 pouches to look like Stolla Wien style pouches? I was wondering if cutting the flaps would make a noticeable difference? I also think that the "buttons" would need to be higher up. If so do you have any pics?

Thanks

i tried to build a "move-along" trooper pouch with the small toolpouch from a swedish mp38/40 pouch. this is my result:

Posted Image

and this is one of my authentic WW2 Stolla Wien mp38/40 pouch

let me know if you need to see any other detail!

Posted Image

Do you have a picture of your pouches? A button move seems trivial. The biggest difference to me is the shape of the flaps, although the bottom of the movie flaps look more rounded to me than a stock stolla wein. You could trace the shape of a stolla wein flap and lay a template over your flaps to get an idea of how the change would look, assuming your flap has enough material. I have been thinking about this modification on my pouches.

Has any one tried converting the Norwegian MP-40 pouches to look like Stolla Wien style pouches? I was wondering if cutting the flaps would make a noticeable difference? I also think that the "buttons" would need to be higher up. If so do you have any pics?

Thanks

I think the norwegian MP-40 is bigger "wider" then the wien stolla.

Here is some shots of mine.

Posted Image

Posted Image