Did you know...

TD-1536

That the 'Move Along' Sandtrooper had his hand-backs on backwards!? I've been looking at this guy for over two years and it never dawned on me! Which raises another question... if the original hand-backs were made of rubber and molded into the chemical gloves, perhaps some of them were molded in backwards, or maybe removable plastic hand backs did exist.

Thoughts?

Posted Image

Wow, Mike. You're slipping!:wink:

I think the handbacks were glued on to the gloves. They do have an awful lot of black scuffs on them that make them look like they are part of the gloves but they could just be made of black silicone or something.

This theory would seem more practical than making two molds of a set of hands just for gloves don't you think. Quite a few handbacks look to be different sizes, also. (Han's hero suit, for instance)

The rough-looking trooper in all the ANH promo shots has backwards handbacks, too.

I've noticed it too Mike.I reckon they could have been falling off and just sticking them on any glove.I made some silicone hand backs and they are hard to keep stuck to the rubber gloves.I used silicone to stick them onto the gloves,nothing else will stick silicone except silicone

Yes there are two types of these hand backs,the one's pictured above and the hero ones which are very similar,but different none the less.