Weathered RT-Mod

TD4549

Good Eve,

Here is my completed RT-mod bucket. There is something that kinda bothers me about it and I wanted to see if it is just me. I am pleased with the weathering as I like the "walking behind a Dewback" look lol. Please be honest!!! I would love to go AP or TE but I can barely get the melon in this!!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

that is nice looking helmet, man! great weathering!

i only had a AP before i got my TE2 and i still like this helmet! it might be not as accurate than the TE2, but it was the first thing i ever weathered!

I think that's a great looking bucket. Thanks for posting pics of your RT

The weathering you have looks like a good base. It could just be the pics, but it looks a little too speckeled to me...you could easily fix that by doing a couple of things.

I'd add more of your darker color into all the recessed areas (like under the eyes) and rub more off of the higher areas. If you rub off too much, you can always hit it again. And don't use a stippling sponge on this pass...use something that will give you a heaveier texture, like the tip of a foam brush.

Just my two cents. Good luck!

I used paper towels and toilet paper! Try it and you will see a big difference compared the speckled look.

I'd add more of your darker color into all the recessed areas (like under the eyes) and rub more off of the higher areas. If you rub off too much, you can always hit it again. And don't use a stippling sponge on this pass...use something that will give you a heaveier texture, like the tip of a foam brush.

Just my two cents. Good luck!