Canvas Shoulder pouch source

Thanks for the suggestion!  How hard is it to paint canvas?  Will regular spray paint work or should I plan to dye it?

Also, where does the small pouch need to be positioned?

Dying would be the best method.
I don't understand that with the small pouche? You need the fabric bag with the small pouch already sewn on. What do you mean by "need to be positioned?"

MAL.jpg

I had read somewhere that the small pouch is not normally in the correct location when purchased from a military replica vendor.  I thought for our Sandies, we had to detach it and relocate it higher up. 

…and, how are most people attaching the shoulder pouch to our gear?   

Now I know what you mean. Thanks.
Well, some original parts from World War II were used for the film. And with the original magazine pouches, the small pouch for the magazine loader is - depending on the manufacturer - more on the outside or, like in the film, on the inside. I have an original piece here that also has it sitting more on the inside. If you want to do it very accurately, detach the small pouch and sew it inwards.

Pouch.jpg

The pouch is usually attached to the shoulder strap of the backpack. If you want to troop without a backpack but with a pouch, then I do it this way:

I ordered these from Amazon… no need to dye, but will certainly need to weather.  Not sure what I’ll do with the one without the side pouch.

Please let me know if you see any other modifications I will need to make.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07GX33FTG?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

The second pouch is useless. And for the other pouch, please dye the seams black.

But are the pouches really black? The display shows green? It can also be a very dark green and the illustration is deceptive. If so, dye it black. But you won't see that until you have it.

• 2 weeks later...

In case anyone if following along, this pouch arrived and was black.  I've had remove and relocate the small side pouch since it was not in the correct location as shown on the Amazon stock photo, but otherwise, the pouch is very nice.   Thanks bigwam for your guidance!