501st TD Requirements

freakengine

I started this thread because I stated in another section that I wouldn't be able to order patches because I'm not yet 501st. I haven't applied yet because I haven't finished my field pack.

Several members chimed in that they didn't think the field pack was required for 501st TD membership.

Here's what I obtained from the 501st charter evolution doc:

Revision 4: December 11, 2003

Amendment #1 – Desert Trooper Requirements

What should be considered the standard for approving stormtroopers who want to be listed as Desert Troopers in the 501st Legion costuming club? This assumes 6 basic features possible for a full Desert Trooper: (1)dirty armor ; (2)modified armor (modified knee plate, abdomen, flat lenses, etc.) ; (3)field pack ; (4)pauldron (any color) ; (5)dewback prod/MG34/MG15/lewis gun or other similarly styled BFG ; (6)ammo pouches

Vote results:

Pauldron + Field Pack – 1

Pauldron + Dirty Armor – 1

Pauldron + Dirty Armor + Field Pack – 1

Any 2 items from list – 1

Any 3 items from list – 5

Any 4 items from list – 2

Pauldron + Field Pack + any 1 other item from list – 6

Pauldron + Dirty Armor + any 1 other item from the list – 1

Pauldron + any 1 other item from the list – 1

Run-off

Which of the top two options should be considered the standard for approving stormtroopers who want to be listed as Desert Troopers in the 501st Legion costuming club? This assumes 6 basic features possible for a full Desert Trooper: (1)dirty armor ; (2)modified armor (modified knee plate, abdomen, flat lenses, etc.) ; (3)field pack ; (4)pauldron (any color) ;(5)dewback prod/MG34/MG15/lewis gun or other similarly styled BFG ; (6)ammo pouches

Run-off Vote Results:

Any 3 items from the list is enough: 3

Pauldron, Field Pack, and 1 other item from the list: 9

Result: Items needed to be considered the standard for approving stormtroopers who want to be listed as Desert Troopers in the 501st Legion costuming club: Pauldron, Field Pack, and 1 other item from the list: (1)dirty armor ; (2)modified armor (modified knee plate, abdomen, flat lenses, etc.) ; (3)dewback prod/MG34/MG15/lewis gun or other similarly styled BFG ; (4)ammo pouches.

Unless something's changed since 2003, this is the policy. It doesn't mean it's always followed, but there it is. Does anyone know if this has changed? I can no longer find this doc on the 501st site.

-Tom

Right now, we are hanging in the breeze. The requirements were moved out of the charter, and into another document that has yet to be released. Going by those "old" guidelines is a safe bet for now. Have you been in contact with your local Garrison? You may want to channel the question through the GML of your Garrison.

I've asked on the so cal garrison board, but no responses yet. Unlike this board, I don't have full access without 501st membership. I can only post on the "guest" board.

It's no big deal either way. I'm gonna finish my pack and I'll be ready to roll. I don't wanna post my pic without the pack anyway.

I was searching everywhere for the list of requirements but couldn't find them (I thought I'd finally gone nuts). Makes sense now that I know it was removed from the charter.

I guess it's up to the Legion as to what they list as a Desert Trooper, but we all know any TD worth their mettle would want to join the MEPD And as long as deployment requirements remain in this detachment, some standards can be maintained.

Just my 2 cents (although, it's 2 cents Canadian...)