New mp40 photos

Here they are, my two new mp40 replica pounches from hong kong.

Ill paint them semi mat black, whit the same plastic paint ill youse on my AP helmet air filter.

The plastic paint works perfect on the canvas pounch, it makes them a bit more ruff. But you can still youse them like you want, and whit out the paint cracking off ex.

Ill also give them a hair spray job, to protect the weathering job.

Ill padding them whit foam rubber to hold the form.

Then ill give them a weathering job, for TD standat look.

I also give the black dots a sand paper job, so the silver comes up again.

Hope you like it.

Peace out.

Posted Image

Posted Image

They look great! I'm in need of a one with the "fourth" smaller pouch. Could you let me in on a good place to score one like yours?

Later,

Harry

Harry,

I bought a similar set at http://www.ima-usa.com . Once there, search for MP 40 pouch, or item # GG4025. About $25 plus shipping for both sets. If you want, you can easily relocate the small pouch to the front. I dyed mine with RIT fabric dye and it worked reasonably well.

-Tom

Thanks for the link Tom!

They look great! I'm in need of a one with the "fourth" smaller pouch. Could you let me in on a good place to score one like yours?

Later,

Harry

Harry,

I bought a similar set at http://www.ima-usa.com . Once there, search for MP 40 pouch, or item # GG4025. About $25 plus shipping for both sets. If you want, you can easily relocate the small pouch to the front. I dyed mine with RIT fabric dye and it worked reasonably well.

-Tom

Later,

Harry

Ill just got them off ebay (lokation hong kong), no link.

Ill been waiting for somthing like this.

Some of them ill saw before this, have the little extra pounch sew on left side. So it came too long away from the tree big pounches, and a bit to big to (mine is sew on the right side and there for goes nicely in, and also have a long leather stripe on like the move a long trooper and not to big).

Also some of the got the closure lock, goes down in a more point way, and got there cornor cut (mine goes directly down, no cut).

And the green canvas is very thick, and therefor good for the paint job.

The only thing ill dont know if ill like, is the stripe on the back goes out whit the metal ring in. Mine goes up, some goes straight out.

Ill know its a small thing, but if you like mine mp 40 version ill check up on ebay, and if ill see them again (ill think they will come again) ill will pm you if you like.

Best regards brothers.

can you use the leather dye on these??? the leather dye that you use on the leather pouches or how about show polish?? I wanna get mine jet black when i get them i ordered the dark green version.

I wouldn't use leather dye or shoe polish on the canvas versions, but on the leather versions the leather dye would be fine. For the canvas ones you need to either use fabric dye (RIT is the brand I used) or you could spray paint them. If you choose to paint them, tape over the leather straps and chrome hardware, and make sure you have an insert in each pocket so it gets painted in the shape you actually want it to have.

-Tom

can you use the leather dye on these??? the leather dye that you use on the leather pouches or how about show polish?? I wanna get mine jet black when i get them i ordered the dark green version.

I wouldn't use leather dye or shoe polish on the canvas versions, but on the leather versions the leather dye would be fine. For the canvas ones you need to either use fabric dye (RIT is the brand I used) or you could spray paint them. If you choose to paint them, tape over the leather straps and chrome hardware, and make sure you have an insert in each pocket so it gets painted in the shape you actually want it to have.

-Tom

Copy that, or else just youse paint.

This is canvas and not leather, and therefor it wont go out in pices or get stiff in a negative way, and wiil not put black marks from the pounch on your armor ex.

E.g you can do a test on some canvas first.

Best regards troops.

• 2 weeks later...