Looking For : Green Lenses

Starkeeper

Welder's face shields or hard hat face shields are the way to go. You can order the replacement shields in green, and they have enough material to make several sets of lenses. Just make sure you get the acetate, not the polycarbonate.

• 3 weeks later...

Welder's face shields or hard hat face shields are the way to go. You can order the replacement shields in green, and they have enough material to make several sets of lenses. Just make sure you get the acetate, not the polycarbonate.

Whats the difference? I dont see any description on that Item for that website.

Is this what I need to buy?

"Dark Green 11-1/4" x 8" x .060" visor for use with the F-300-SM headgear. Primary eye protection must be worn when using faceshields

Item #: 4118-DRK-SM"

Whats the difference? I dont see any description on that Item for that website.

Is this what I need to buy?

"Dark Green 11-1/4" x 8" x .060" visor for use with the F-300-SM headgear. Primary eye protection must be worn when using faceshields

Item #: 4118-DRK-SM"

I don't know what website you're speaking of or where you're looking. I bought mine at mcmaster.com here in the states.

The difference is one is made from acetate and one is made from polycarbonate. The polycarbonate is hard plastic and will not bend much or cut without cracking. The acetate is softer, pliable, and can be cut using scissors.

This website that was mentioned above has them, but they dont say what they are made of....

http://www.school-safety.net/Headgear_a ... ection.htm

It's hard to tell from the pic on the site you linked to, but here's the link to my source:

http://www.mcmaster.com

search for item number 10335T39

(7-1/2" X 15-1/2" Green Repl Acetate Window for Face Shield)

I'm pretty sure it's the one I purchased.

The material is dark enough that you can't see my eyes in photos, but not so dark that it makes it hard to see out. In fact, I can see out quite well even at night. Here are a coupla pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I know that pics from inside the bucket without a flash are likely to misrepresent the way it looks to the eye, but in this case, this is pretty much what it looks like.

Ill just got buy mine in a big art shop (paint, canvas, pvc plastic, paper ex.).

I dont know what they are yousing it for.

Ill got about 1 meters for 5 dollers, so ill think ill got green for a life time.

Hope it can help you out, and you will find some in your location trooper. Good hunt and peace out.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ill just got buy mine in a big art shop (paint, canvas, pvc plastic, paper ex.).

Ill got about 1 meters for 5 dollers, so ill think ill got green for a life time.

Hope it can help you out, and you will find some in your location trooper. Good hunt and peace out.

TD-252 > I don't understand what have you found ?

TD-252 > I don't understand what have you found ?

Ill think is call movie plastic, its goes in all kind of colours e.g Red, blue, yellow and GREEN.

You youse it on lamps and spot lights, you know like disco lamps.

Ill find it in a art shop. They got stuff for graphic stuff, tusch, canvas, paint ex.

Its pretty thick, you can youse one layer. But ill youse two, and you can not see my eyes. And you can see out perfect.

Hope that can help out out trooper.

Best regards from here.