Recommendations for a strip of metal?

Arppegio

Hello peeps,

I need to add a strip of flat metal across my backpack from one end to the other to give my boxes some supoort. Do they sell strips of bendable metal at Home Depot? I walked around yesterday but it was close to closing time so I couldn't take my time. I asked for help but the people at the HD near me are.....not very helpful. At all. The only thing I can come up with is buying an aluminum yard stick and cutting that bad boy up. But if they sell stuff like this pre-made (almost like clamps I guess) then that would be better.

I've had really crappy luck finding what I need here in Tallahassee for metal. But I will suggest that you look at a "Hobby Town USA." They tend to have a little case of small aluminum strips (Little stand, different thickness, different length, different widths, etc) in the back for fabrication purposes. Might be what you would want.

But yeah, I'm basically in the same boat as you for getting my hands on raw materials just like what I need.

you should probably talk to some one who can make metal armor and such

You know what, I forogot to take a look at your RomFX make shift case you made more closely at the BBQ. I looked at Larry's but I wanted to know if all you did was split the box down the middle (aside for modifying the sides and bottoms, I mean). I was able to figure out why my RomFX wasn't working so now I need to get back to making a case for it.

I bought a project box from Radioshack though. I can't remember if you used one from there or if Larry said you got another off the net. I only took a quick glance at it while we were at Shoreleave.

You seek the aisle where the screws and nails are located. On the opposite side, you will find steel and aluminium (as our British friends call it) flats, angle pieces, and rods. I've seen up to 1 1/2" wide and 1/8" thick.

Good luck!

Charlie