TK's being able to wear pauldrons being considered by legion

acerhater

Glenn,

While certainly not connected to the issue of TKs with pauldrons, I was wondering if you were a martial artist?

Part of your signature line reads, "There is no chin behind Chuck Norris’ beard. There is only another fist."

I knew Chuck Norris in Southern California where he had opened his first studio in the city of Torrance. Many years later while in the United States Air Force, I would travel to South Korea and train under Master LEE HON IN who taught Korean Tang Soo Do at Osan Air Base where Chuck earned his first degree black belt.

T

Coincidentally enough I am a martial artist. In terms of background I have a 1st degree belt in Hapkido but I am no where close to being a butt kicker, lol. I got that particular line about Chuck Norris from one of those "Chuck Norris Facts" satirical joke sites that I found hilarious. That's pretty cool that you know him.

Thinking about martial arts has now spawned a new name:

Darth Kwan Do And I call dibs.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a grand master in "ching-ching"... you know... when you pull the bolt back to jack in a round!

Really? My COLT AR15A3 223CAL sez the same dang thing! "CHING, ching!"

T

I prefer the sound of 'KA-CHING' myself

By chance do you know Grand Master Young U. Min, if not perhaps your trainer knew him? He's my son's S.K. Tang Soo Do teacher (Min's Karate, Camp Hill, PA). He has ton's of pics and trophies in his dojo from Korea (the old days). He also has a flag type item hanging in his office that has Osan AB on it. Min looks to be in his 50's now. He has a son that teaches as well named Mike that's in his late 20's. SMALL WORLD Guns!

Harry

Many years later while in the United States Air Force, I would travel to South Korea and train under Master LEE HON IN who taught Korean Tang Soo Do at Osan Air Base where Chuck earned his first degree black belt.

T [/b][/color]

By chance do you know Grand Master Young U. Min, if not perhaps your trainer knew him? He's my son's S.K. Tang Soo Do teacher (Min's Karate, Camp Hill, PA). He has ton's of pics and trophies in his dojo from Korea (the old days). He also has a flag type item hanging in his office that has Osan AB on it. Min looks to be in his 50's now. He has a son that teaches as well named Mike that's in his late 20's. SMALL WORLD Guns!

Harry

Many years later while in the United States Air Force, I would travel to South Korea and train under Master LEE HON IN who taught Korean Tang Soo Do at Osan Air Base where Chuck earned his first degree black belt.

T [/b][/color]

Is Grand Master MIN the President of the Dongyang Tang Soo Do Federation? Grand Master LEE taught along side a Grand Master MIN at Song Tan Si, the city where Osan Air Base is located.

If Grand Master MIN is the same individual please offer my greetings to him. He's a contemporary of Grand Master LEE, both received their Dan from Grand Master KIM SONG KI, Founder, World Tang Soo Do Union.

Chuck NORRIS and I both received our 1st Dan through the Korean Tang Soo Do Moo Duk Kwan of course, almost two decades apart. Chuck NORRIS has a Dan Number of 2819 and my Dan Number is 21260. Small world indeed.

T

I'm not sure. My son has class twice a week. I'll see him in a couple of days and see what I can find out. I'll pass on your greetings as well .

Is Grand Master MIN the President of the Dongyang Tang Soo Do Federation? Grand Master LEE taught along side a Grand Master MIN at Song Tan Si, the city where Osan Air Base is located.

If Grand Master MIN is the same individual please offer my greetings to him. He's a contemporary of Grand Master LEE, both received their Dan from Grand Master KIM SONG KI, Founder, World Tang Soo Do Union.

Chuck NORRIS and I both received our 1st Dan through the Korean Tang Soo Do Moo Duk Kwan of course, almost two decades apart. Chuck NORRIS has a Dan Number of 2819 and my Dan Number is 21260. Small world indeed.

T

• 1 month later...

getting back to the subject of TK's wearing pauldrons....

as a soon to be 501st legion-er, i would think that my vote has some weight, if not as much importantce as an actual member.

if it does pass, my preferences are (as if i could impose a standard upon others, but this is my opinion) that TK's wear only clean white pauldrons, with patches allowed,and that if it is any other color, or the presence of dirt/sand or any sort of backpack resembling a sandpack, then the troopers armor in question would have his classification changed to TD

also, there must be little to no visible modification to the armor outside of size fitting and lense modification,and if there are any traits of sandtrooper armor (se MEPD armor standards) then the trooper may have to switch from TK to TD

It passed already. They are included under the TD designation as "Heavy Weapons Troopers". The costume has always been covered under the Spec Ops detachment, but the Legion saw fit to try and pacify everyone by not calling it a Stormtrooper or Sandtrooper. It is basically a Sandtrooper with no weathering or armor mods, or a Stormtrooper with all the fixin's. Whichever suits your tastes. Of course, for non-canon events or cons, you can still do whatever your heart desires.

Someone asked me if MEPD covered ANH SE sandtroopers. I told them it did not, so now there is an even further sub-category w/o a home.

They don't meet "deployed" specs, but if someone really wanted to do an SE trooper spot on, without it being a cop-out to avoid armor mods, I'd put it to a vote whether or not to add a "SE" Deployed sub section and add "OT" to the current designation.

Someone asked me if MEPD covered ANH SE sandtroopers. I told them it did not, so now there is an even further sub-category w/o a home.

They don't meet "deployed" specs, but if someone really wanted to do an SE trooper spot on, without it being a cop-out to avoid armor mods, I'd put it to a vote whether or not to add a "SE" Deployed sub section and add "OT" to the current designation.

I'd expect nothing less than the same level of quality. It's pretty much an ROTJ with accessories + dirt, so I'd expect snowtrooper handplates, correctly painted frown, etc.

Would that include not having the BFG requirement?

If it were done the criteria would be just as strict as the current deployment, if not more so. So you'd need un-modded armor finished ala ROTJ/SE, short black pauldron, SE pack, E11, clam-hand backs, brown painty looking weathering. I'd probably want to see a proper helmet too, but ROTJs are hard to come by and SEs (symmetrical ROTJ) don't exist as far as I know.

Out of curiosity, would an AP suit suffice as an ESB? I'm assuming you just replace the hand plates with the clam styled ones and the helmet details.

If it were done the criteria would be just as strict as the current deployment, if not more so. So you'd need un-modded armor finished ala ROTJ/SE, short black pauldron, SE pack, E11, clam-hand backs, brown painty looking weathering. I'd probably want to see a proper helmet too, but ROTJs are hard to come by and SEs (symmetrical ROTJ) don't exist as far as I know.