Newbie with big aspirations

Bhudda

An FYI. I just received my AP kit on Friday. It was estimated 6 week wait. It was exactly 4 weeks. Communication was excellent. I paid initial deposit, a few days later, I got an email that they recieved the material. 2 weeks later I got am email stating it was ready. ( trimmed kits would be a little bit longer. Mine was untrimed ) I paid remainder and a couple days later I received the tracking # then it showed up at the house. Top notch service all the way.

I haven't got an estimate on how long, but I went the same way as KCman...paid a deposit, got a confirmation...so I guess it'll be a month or so. My blaster ships tomorrow. I'll get on the next round of stuff this week so I'll have most things by the time I get my armor, except maybe a few things here or there.

Most boots made for TK/TDs come in white. Some do buy black boots and paint them white.

www.tkboots.com

The method you use to weather your armor isn't going to matter if it looks screen accurate. I'm not sure if anyone here has used an airbrush or not.

Original boots used on production were black chelsea boots off the shelf. Stuart brand English made.

That's why we try to find this kinf of boots, and paint them white. To go accurate.

But then, most troopers today get white boots custom made for stormtrooper armor. Check TKboots.com

You can go both ways and both are acceptable as long as the boots are similar to the ones used on ANH.

About weathering, there is not a No go rule for airbrushing, but I would not suggest it, unless you can achieve the organic, rushed, on screen look...

I have seen a few airbrushed Sandies and even if they are approved, most of the times the look from a bit to a lot off.

Saludos.

Ok, scouring the boards and I have new questions...

What does "bapty" stand for and what's the difference between a "bapty blaster" and a regular "E-11?"

SWAT is very specific(and it should be, best of the best), are the members of swat that are also vendors, selling swat quality stuff?

And lastly, will there be Ep. VII TK armor sooner or later?

Bapty is the name of the company that modified the guns so they could be sent to Tunisia for filming.

More info here:

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=13418

If you're buying from an established vendor on here that makes pouches, backpacks or pauldrons they will be acceptable for SWAT.

Keep watching coverage of Celebration 7 later this week in answer to your third question.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but, is there a forum thread that says what the 501st in general, and your local garrison more specifically will be doing like Charity events, appearances, etc.?

Second, I'm on the other boards also, and just wondered since I choose to go "Sandy", is there a garrison here in Michigan, or it it just the "Great Lakes Garrison?"