weathering alley check V2

Redforce

My armor is almost built. I am starting to research the weathering.

1st question) Before applying the dirt look with whatever materials (acrylic paint/dirt, oil etc) Does anyone scratch their armor up with brillo/light sandpaper to help the weathering cake on in spots?

I did it on my incinerator armor for the "battle worn" look ...and it worked out great. I am not sure if it will make the weathering look on a sandy "less-accurate" to the screen look

2nd question) I am going to try to weather my armor to the sergeant alley check V2 trooper look. I've researched screen shots and can't find that particular trooper in the mix. I see the trooper in the crl here http://www.mepd.net/crl/sergeant/

but I want more shots to work off of.....did I miss something in reviewing the screen shots? Does anyone know where I can find more shots of this particular trooper to work off of?

Any help/input would be appreciated.

Pages 5 & 6 mat help you out a bit if you haven't already seen these.

http://www.looksirdroids.com/hd_caps/index_5.htm

With regards to prepping the armour, no, I've never felt the need to scratch up or Brillo any of my armour builds. I'd personally just stick to what we know about how it was done by Mollo and the crew back in '76 that way you'll at least know its more accurate looking.

Yes. I've seen those shots. I was wondering if there were photos from the shooting troopers also use as reference or anything else besides the screen shots out there.

And I kinda figured that mich on the weathering. Thanks so much for the quick response. I've hung around the clean TK world for a bit...... I'm just venturing into the sandy world..and I am very excited about it. I will do more research.....and will probably have more questions as I go..

Thanks..