Oil filter? type cylinder - possible idea?

Blaxmyth

Not sure of the 'name' of the piece - it's the cylindrical object with the vertical ribbing on the top left of this pack:

http://www.sandtrooper.net/gallery/disp ... =67&pos=16

Well, I was browsing Hyperspace and I found a photo of Dengar's backpack. Right in the middle there is a rectangular frame with this sort of ribbed material inside. It looks like an airfilter.

If the ribbed stuff was taken out and rolled into a cylinder, the proportions would be about right for what's on the backpack.

Plus there appear to be bends in the top and bottom inch or so of the one on the backpack that might be consistent with something that was formerly held in a metal frame.

Not wanting to upset the mods by posting the Dengar pic from Hyperspace, but you can email me for it.

Just for what it's worth. Phil

Thanks. However, I'm thinking that the box-type air filter on Dengar's ESB back is probably a found item and that they used the filter pad out of another similar air filter when they did the ANH packs a year or three before. If I'm correct, it might be a reasonably common item in the automotive arena. As I say, it's just a "For what it's worth" type of observation. Phil

Nice find, it doesn't surprise me since the ANH packs were torn apart to be re-used in ESB.