Getting Healthy

DirtyBoy

Hello my friends,

just wanted to drop you a note and let you know whats been going on in my life. A couple of months ago i went to the Drs for the first time in 25 years….nothing was wrong but being in my 40's i felt

it was something i should do. Turns out i was in perfect health after all kinds of tests and bloodwork the Dr couldn't believe the results and honestly….neither could I. Anyway, after that visit i decided

since i had what i felt was a second chance art life…i know sounds weird….that i would do everything i could to live as long as possible (110 is my goal)…..I started eating 100% clean…no cheats, all organic,no GMOs etc and

my energy levels went through the roof. I started CrossfFit and for those who don't know, CrossFit is basically your Insanity, PX90, Basic training and Olympic weightlifting all in one…..ITS CRAZY!!!!! At any rate, its life

changing….I feel better than I did when I was 20….ive dropped 4 pant sizes and gained (as of today 14 lbs) Don't get me wrong, theres days I dread going in based on my workload, time with my family and general life detailers….

but I go and muscle through every class. I highly recommend it…..if you want to feel better about yourself nd rock out on the MEPD til we are 110….let me know :)

I hear you, Boss! I'm heading into my mid-40's and It goes without saying that you've got to eat healthier and build up a sweat from time to time if you want to spend more time on among the living! I feel good knowing I can still hoop with the 20-30 year olds without collapsing! lol

Congrats on your progress, DB! Keep it up! :td:
:thumbsup:

I am going to be 46 this year and to be honest I am in denial man! I have hair growing out of my ears and gravity is taking its toll. Don't get me wrong I love being this age but things are starting to hurt. Good for you brother for going to the doctor! I think I might do the same!

Hey bro. I was wondering what was it with all that crossfit and paleo diet on Facebook.

I am 36, will be 37 in one month and honestly I know I am not at my best. Working (sitting down) for 10-12 hours a day sometimes even up to 24, is no good to my health.

But then I spend all left time with my family trying to be as close to my 3 yr old daughter while she still wants me nearby all the time.

I know I must start some kind of exercising sometime soon if I am to live long and in Good shape and quality life.

I felt inspired by you and another friend. I started eating better and have been thinking about going back to rock climbing. I used to be semi pro in college. That cause it is a great workout both for body and mind, and also cause it seems my little girl enjoys it a lot for real.

So... Let's see.

Thx for sharing.

Nice one Rick! Good on you mate. I too was wondering what all the FB posts were about.

I'm 34 and in two weeks will be running my second London marathon, the only danger I face is going back to eating rubbish after its all over, but I've also started Insanity to help combat this ;)

Anyway, keep it up Rick, it can only be good for you!

Thanks guys....You really should do what you can....the longer you wait the harder it is to overcome obstacles thrown at you. I was in denial as well and I'll tell you, after my first few workouts...my body hurt so bad....but as you see a transformation of both your physical and mental states you will become even more inspired and the pain goes away.

I know this sounds crazy but I want to be around to see my boys retire instead of maybe get to see them graduate high school. Life has no guarantees but I have to make sure I do whatever I can.

Juan, you should definitely get back to rock climbing!!! Such a cool sport and I'm sure your family will follow in your footsteps or at the very least love watching daddy conquer big mountains

Brad, Marathons? You crazy bro!!! Lol I'm going to do my first 5k in about a month....then shoot for weekend tough mudder events where I can.

Totally agree and I applaud the healthy topics. The tendency of the the human body is to gain weight over the years due to many unhealthy habits we already know. As we are not getting any younger a balanced diet and exercise is key for a better life as many of us are approaching or are in our 40´s.

In my case what gets me going and in good shape is more than 27 years of Karate Do Practice (Shito Ryu 5th Dan)

I don´t compete any more retired about 14 years ago, however I train really hard pass the knowledge and combat wits to the new generations of competitors as I´m old school and just practice to make my self defense and reflexes better, despite the weathering of the years. LOL

Thanks boss!!! There's also a paradox to my martial arts career: 2 vocal cords bruised, 2 broken index fingers with surgery, 1 broken thumb, 2 times broken nose and one time it required surgery, one calf ligament rupture and 6 stitches in right eyebro... What doesn't kill you makes you stronger and I would do it all again without regrets 😄

Nice Rick, i as well started a regiment and eating healthy, i feel great im 38 now and feel better then i was in my mid 20's. im doing the T25 program but going to start crossfit after this. i got about another 7 weeks left.

i did a troop about 2 weeks ago and my armor was soo loose on me lol, ive dropped 2 sizes now and starting to see muscle definition. :) keep up the good work brotha.