Bucket Color Question

IanL

I painted up my new FX bucket today (instead of using the decals). Something doesn't look right however. Is the frown supposed to be the same grey as the teardrops and trapezoidal sections? I used a "medium grey" which is a little lighter grey than the decals, and I think it looks fine everywhere but the frown. Should I use a darker gray or even black?

Also anyone have any tips on installing the mic tips? I have about 10 pieces here and I have no idea how they are supposed to go together.

if you are going for a ANH helmet you´ve done it right using the same color for the teardrops,trapezoids and frown. the most accurate color seems to be humbrol ad-grey.

only the ESB and ROTJ helmets had black frowns and another color for teardrops and trapezoids.

i assume you´re going for the sandtrooper paint sceme because this is a sandtrooper forum. so the same grey is absolutly right!

i assume you´re going for the sandtrooper paint sceme because this is a sandtrooper forum. so the same grey is absolutly right!

That would be an accurate statement!!

I need to put the "mouth grill", aerators and brow trim on so I am hoping that's why it looks goofy to me right now.