The Armor Build Starts

Nasuki3

So, as the title states, the armor build starts. Well, armor build may not quite be right at the moment. My armor should be on it's way within a few weeks. But I figured it's time to start gathering all the pieces I need and to start a topic for a WIP once I actually get started. I will do my best to update with photos and what not once I start. I will be going for the Cantina Captain, so any and all help will be welcome, as this is my first armor build. Figured why be shiny and clean? Dirty is the way to go, may as well do it first since it's what I want. Vern will be assembling my armor (I very much appreciate this, by the way) and I will be finishing it up I do believe.

Currently I have:

• DLT-19
  • Undersuit

I know I am going to need:

• 2x 3 slot mp40 pouches
  • 1 3 slot mp40 and tool pouch
  • 1 Orange pauldron
  • 1 "move along" pack

My question about the pauldron, is there any out there that is preferred for those of S.W.A.T. status? As this is what I will ultimately be aiming for. Also, about the pack, I've been researching, and I still have more research to do, but, would I be better of buying a pre-made pack/ unassembled pack or would I be better of making it myself. I have seen a few how-tos on making it yourself, but I have also seen that they can be shy of fully screen accurate. Now, obviously for the price you pay, they aren't bad packs. But, again, I will be going for S.W.A.T. status, so I believe that it is better to get it right now instead of just scrapping one together that won't work for S.W.A.T.

I will be talking with Vern on other parts and what not, and I will provide an update with current equipment/equipment I need to get after talking to him. Also, I will cross reference everything on the lists I find so that I'm not asking for information on parts that are already listed. This may be wishful thinking, but I'd love for the armor to be in a wearable state by early January if possible. I'll just have to see how things go along though.

Hey Eric,

for the pauldron contact trooper1 or Mike from trooperbay. Both pauldrons are the best basic stuff for your SWAT road.

For the pack contact dirtyboy. He offers kits and assambled packs. Also a good ressource to start.

Cheers,

Felix

Good luck Eric, cant wait to see your progress and pics. Felix nailed it with the advice he gave you on where to find stuff. But you knew that already by reading all the stuff on here anyway..Ryyyyte ? Lol. Trooperbay will be your friend on this awesome journey also. Hes got great products and lightning fast shipping. Again good luck bro......I mean Captain..... :thumbsup:

I agree with Felix. I have one of Jay's pauldrons and it is great. I have a Dirty Boy Move Along Pack and it is great as well!! I got my pouches from Anthony and they are a work of art!!

Good luck Eric, cant wait to see your progress and pics. Felix nailed it with the advice he gave you on where to find stuff. But you knew that already by reading all the stuff on here anyway..Ryyyyte ? Lol. Trooperbay will be your friend on this awesome journey also. Hes got great products and lightning fast shipping. Again good luck bro......I mean Captain..... :thumbsup:

I had seen the advice towards those people for the equipment, but I just wanted to be sure I wasn't overlooking some underdog, so to say, that does good work but isn't well known.

I will definitely look at those suppliers though. Starting contacting people tonight. I appreciate the friendliness of everybody here, and I can't wait to be part of this group (assuming I get accepted that is).

One more thing, what do you guys think of the Bass Amsterdam boots? I already purchased a set that wasn't trooper friendly so to say, thankfully I can still return them, but I don't want to make the same mistake again. I know they are cheaper boots, but I also don't see a reason to drop a lot if I won't be wearing them much (then again, I don't know how often people tend to dress, and I would definitely love to go out and represent MEPD.)

• 2 weeks later...

So, I am now in the process of receiving a neck seal (maybe an inch, if that, too big, but should be fixable if it is) and already weathered boots (courtesy of Dirt Bag), my Move Along Pack, and my Pauldron. I think all I have left after getting that in is the MP40 pouches and the actual armor to arrive. It's starting to look like I just may have this done by the time I wanted it done