I need help with some finishing touches...

Sealsniper33

Hey Guys,

I only have a few things left to do on my armor. Mostly cosmetic. The major issue I have right now is on the placement of the rivets on the side of my ab and back armor pieces. I need all the extra plastic which come on the sides of the NE armor. Where should I place them? Should I cut the excess off and then add shims? I'm at a loss. Here are some pictures.

20131017_154740_zpsc46097eb.jpg

20131017_154753_zps000f44d5.jpg

20131017_154811_zpsc921eaf8.jpg

20131017_154802_zpsc93f81a8.jpg

If it helps Chris, before I did my chest return edge and angle cut my belt, I did a an intern extra plastic extension from my right ab side were the top snap goes.

On my left ab side I did an intern snap system with elastic straps. This is the side were your 6 rivets go. 3 per side.

;)

post-3936-0-89085900-1384573754_thumb.jp

Chris,

Like you I am on the larger side to. But I did cut all the extra plastic off as I think it makes the sides to square. I then added flexible shims in. Once you have your ammo pouches on you hardly notice them. I put the 3 rivets that should be on the kidney plate on the front of the shim so that you still get the effect of all 6 rivets close together. Hope this helps.

Andrew.

Chris,

Like you I am on the larger side to. But I did cut all the extra plastic off as I think it makes the sides to square. I then added flexible shims in. Once you have your ammo pouches on you hardly notice them. I put the 3 rivets that should be on the kidney plate on the front of the shim so that you still get the effect of all 6 rivets close together. Hope this helps.

Andrew.

What kind of flexible material did you use?