Requesting help in locating Images of SE Sandtroopers

rhapsodyred99

After getting inspired by this thread posted by Juan:

http://forum.mepd.ne...=80#entry151341

I started seriously thinking on tackling a SE Sandy.

I admit it I am a closet ROTJ fan. It is why I pushed so hard to get my CFO ROTJ TK as my Centurion, which was not easy on a 6 foot one 230 pound guy let me tell you!

I know most people think the SE sandies (heck the whole SE) are terrible, but I have to say I have a soft spot for them, the poor little darlins....so unloved....

I am in the process of trying to nail down reference photos. I can get screen grabs from Looksirdroids, but I was hoping more Behind the Sceens type photos like this one posted up by TM:

Posted Image

I am thinking if I do it I am going to build it to SWAT level, meaning I want to closely match the dirt patterns etc.

Having built one CFO suit to FISD Centurion standards I think the build will not be an issue (even though I cheated a bit and had SSkunky do the torso work and most of the helmet assembly), so much as running down references to the much maligned and oft lamented SE Sand Trooper.

So can anyone help me out?

I am not 100% sold on the idea yet as the costume is not even a 501st costume, and I am not sure how hard it would be to get a SE backpack or Pauldron sourced, since they are not the standard run of the mill ANH versions.

thanks in advance!

Posted Image

He needs ta get dirty don't you think?

Great project!

I have a lot of references of the SE Sandtroopers.

Just need to find the time to post them, or if you could provide an email link, I will send you a wetransfer link.

There are many unsolved issues on the SE TD. FOr example, I think the gray squares on the back of the helmet have no stripes, but the tear traps do. Just cant show it clearly enough.

Also, SE Sandtroopers are not really ROTJ armor, but tour suits. So a few differences should be considered.

So anyway,

I do have walked the path a few miles in, but not much.

So, I have an idea of what you will be facing... so if you think I can be of any help. Let me know.

Good luck bro.

Lets see if you have the first legion approved SE Sandtrooper!

Saludos.

Juan

Juan,

Thanks I have sent you my Email :)

I know that the SE troopers have some differences to the ROTJ TKS (black soles on the shoes not white, ab buttons unpainted etc) but thye are still pretty close. I am pouring over reference photos on FISD of tour suits vs ROTJ suts now, as well as screen grabs from the SE, to get a better handle on the Changes needed.

Thanks again, it was your thread that got me starting to think on it, but I have not committed yet...

There are not many differences between the ROTJ and the SE Sandtrooper armour. I believe the SE's were made from new moulds cast from an ROTJ and a few minor tweaks made. I have this photo of what could be SE troopers or used in some game that might be of use to you?

Posted Image

hey frank,

if you want a reference photo,no probs!

ive just **** in a bucket and can send you the pic if you want lol! :woot:

seriously though that was a joke! :yes:

its not something i would ever do but i would be really be interested to see you have a go.

at the end of the day they were in the SE so are a part in the sandy universe somewhere!

i admire your courage to give it a go and will be watching closley if you do it!

good luck mate,and why not!

all the best I.T. :thumbsup:

hey frank,

its not something i would ever do but i would be really be interested to see you have a go.

at the end of the day they were in the SE so are a part in the sandy universe somewhere!

i admire your courage to give it a go and will be watching closley if you do it!

:P

I know most people think like this when it comes to ROTJ or SE troopers but what can I say? I love an underdog!

But its like the uglies dog of the litter you still have to give em love... ok maybe not :P

Posted Image

:lol:

hey frank,

LMAO! Now that was pretty funny!

I agree, good luck. Not something I would ever do. I suppose it's like driving an electric car! Someone has to do it! Lol

A SE sandie...at first I went like Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh, but then I went like hmmm this is going to be interesting.

So I'm looking forward to seeing it come alive :yes: