water colorish mottling?

skirge66

Pardon the lack of proper terminology, as I am very new to this whole business. What I am looking for is a good technique achieve what looks like a light greyish almost fuzzy, cloud like, water color mottled appearence as a base coat to the weathering?

has anyone tried to spray droplets, then dab them down with a sponge in various layers then polish it up to weather over it? Not sure if that even makes sense to anyone.

i understand what you mean scott,to be honest its not a technique i know

of anyone using.

have you checked out the weathering thread,loads of different ways to do it!

it depends also wether your going for just 501st approval or if you are thinking of going

further with the M.E.P.D.!

that way your armour weathering will want to be based on a specific trooper you have in mind! :yes:

i hope thats helps you,rather than confuse you,good luck buddy! :thumbsup:

I thought I saw it being used by the Red Rain group...I could be wrong, but maybe some of them are here and would chat about their weathering perhaps? I plan to join the 501st, not sure if I could go further in the M.E.P.D. I'm not really trying to replicate any particular trooper from the big screen, but rather just a personalized random trooper that would fit the bill so to speak. Been looking up and down the weathering thread all day actually (some pretty amazing work, by some very talented people for sure), but didn't see particularily what I was looking for so thought I would ask. Perhaps I will go play with some scraps after work and see what comes up :P

yeah,always worth playing on some scraps first!

i think everyone here will agree that the weathering is a very personal thing,

i use fullers earth and love it,others go down the raw umber paint road!

whatever you feel looks right to you buddy! :thumbsup:

p.s. we do have active red rain members here! :yes: