About ready to pull the trigger...

ChicagoMP

Gents!

I have communicated with a few of you over the past few days with questions about the various kits and general advice for getting started. First, I just want to say thanks for all the help so far. Second, I have been in touch with many of the providers and between you guys and input from the manufactures I have narrowed it down to a three kits and would like input on the three before I shell out the $$$ and hopefully have a box waiting for me when I get home.

The three kits I have decided on are RS Props, AP, and MTK. I know that RS is arguably the most accurate on the market now and the price tag does not bother me. As for AP and MTK they are comparable in price but to my rookie eyes they don’t look much different from the RS kit. Another thing I am worried about is how they are going to fit a 6' (1.83m) 210 lb. (95 kilo) man. I would like to work up through the ranks 501st to MEPD Ofc to SWAT and if I can do it all with the same kit that would be preferred. Also, take note that this is my first build so I need to consider the difficulty of assembly.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Chris

The rs will fit with some shimming....AP armor samething...both are made with butt joints and are a bit harder to put togther, but easy to do with the great help from your brothers and sisters here,,mtk is some good stuff as well,,,i love his lids,,,an other options is the new NE armor,,,looks very nice but i cant make an opinion as mine will be here next Tuesday, the three you are looking at are based on a dude thats 5 9 and 165 lbs...not me and i fit in the armor just fine,,,but your hight may play a role in it,,,the NE can go that high,,there was a guy in RS armor that was about your hight and his had massive gaps in the legs,,,,,,that said....get them all

Hi Chris,

I have just finished putting the legs & arms together on the new NE kit & am busy doing the body at the moment. the forearms are a bit of a bugger but do work out fine if you measure 10 times & cut once. i am 6ft and around 220pounds & have cut a fair bit out of the legs & arms & they fit perfect, i will however have to put some small shims between the kidney & ab plate as the mid life spread just won't budge!!!!!. NE was the old AM and was designed for larger troops originally. it is still slightly bigger but is now a more accurate armor.

Thanks

Andrew.

Thanks for the heads up Walt. I saw it but it looks like it might be too tall and it is shipping from Germany so I am going to pass. Besides, if I am going to do this I am going to try to do it from the ground up for my own personal satisfaction

Thank Luis,

I finally made up my mind and ordered a NE lite kit and MTK helmet yesterday. They both ship pretty quickly so the boxes will me gathering dust for a couple months at my folks place while we redeploy. I am already, literally, having nightmares about the assembly though I am pretty excited to get started.

We all do have the same thoughts before buildup. When I received my kit I opened it, looked upon it and started out about 4 days later. Once I started there was no stopping the excitement.

If you did your research have no fear. If you can get a buddy to assist you specially when it comes to measuring and fitting each part of the body armour.

Anyways we are here so pop in the questions you need to aid you ;)