Look Sir Droids Teeth number is 8 not 7

opi wan

In the last days I wachet many photos of Davin "look Sir droids trooper" and in all threads about him its allways the number of 7 cut out teeth.

But if you take a closer look, its 8 teeth cut out! only thing ist that the hole is verry little. first I was wondering if it is just dirt, but you can see it verry easy

that its a hole on the right side too.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Greetings Alex

I also thought it was/is a little hole in the frown...maybe it's dirt...or maybe it's a little hole. For my opinion it's dirt and not a hole, therefor the 'hole' is too close on the edge of the last teeth.

...or you can see the original prop in real in your hands ;)

It's definitely a small hole.

Posted Image

Ooook...this pic is definitely better...and wtf, there is really a little hole :blink:

...it appears that it has been drilled subsequently.....or what do you mean?!? This is the first good reference pic, that I've seen of the frown...the other pics was too small or blurred. Thanks for sharing, Paul :thumbsup:

I to have update my helmet B)

I dont think its made subsequently, because the edge is white not green.

You can see it here in the filmscene too.

Posted Image

Ps. thank you Paul for this picture. :)

Posted Image

Ok Alex...there is definitely a 8th hole...but before or after the frown paint job, I don't know too. I think it was after the paint job, the grey on this area(edges of the little hole) looks somehow wrinkled...normally you paint over the edge beyond within the holes at the teeth....right!?!...look closely at the hole of the left side(top view)..there's the same what I mean like of the right side (our little secret hole :sweat: )....the guys of the movie set had painted the frown with only 6 holes, 3 holes each side like the 'stop that ship' trooper. Ad then they wanted to add the 7th and 8th hole...and the 8th hole was finally starved :lol:

But in any case, this knowledge of the 8th hole of Davin's helmet is really nice and I want to add this to this topic--->>

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=10005

• 1 month later...

Great find!

If we all agree.

CRL will need updating I guess. No 7 holes allowed at all.

This might bring some polemics in previous SWAT approvals.

Hope everyone understands.

Lets see what Rick thinks about changing the CRL again.

Saludos.