Calf Shims

njfalconer

Hey I am looking for ideas. I need to put shims in my calves. At the bottom the pieces fit fine with no shim, but at the top I have a 2.5 in gap. I could easly make a shim for it but I am worried about destorting the shape of the calf. Alot of pics I looked at with calf shims look really spread out, almost tube like other than the tapered shape. I was thinking of putting in a thick piece of elastic in the back to fill the gap but im unsure. My main goal here is to not loose that tapered shape. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,

Brian

Maybe try fitting a tapered shim rather than a straight shim.I'd cut a shim at 3" at the top and 1" at the bottom and then tape it on and test fit.You can then cut it down to whatever looks best and permenantly fix the shims to your calves.

I would also just have a straight shim in the front as normal with the tapered shim at the back.Just try experimenting and keep looking in the mirror to check it's right.

Good luck

-Paul.