Need help getting correct size armour

Andyrulz

G'day everyone!

I'm a newby to the 501st from Australia, looking at making my first armour build a TD. Hopefully a Docking Bay 94 V1, or V2 Captain.

Being what I'd call a fairly weird body shape, at 185cm (6'2") and 72kg (158 pound), I'm not sure what amour would be best for me size wise, and fit the 501st critea for bucket shape.

I saw anothe post that said RT-Mod Armour is better for larger people, just wondering if I fit into "larger" being so tall, or would I go a regular size, because I'm rather thin?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated :D

Can't wait to hear from fellow TD's, even though I'm not one (yet, lol).

~Andy.

RT mod is more for larger folks in the way of girth (fits a 40 inch waist).

I would suggest TM or RS props.

I am 6'1" and TM fits my height a little better, but the Rs fits well enough as well. you just have to leave a bit more black showing.

You are thin enough that RS or TM would be no issue as well.

RT mod is great armor but he is backed up(I think middle of summer was the last I heard), and I think it would swallow you.

Check out this link to the Centurion RS build from Florian who has a similar shape as you:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/21415-tk-8646-requesting-anh-stunt-centurion-status-rs58/

Posted Image

So I think RS would look great on you.

But I also think TM would be a great fit as well, as if I am honest, my TM fits me better than my RS even though it is the RS I chose to go TD with...

Hi Andrew,

Yes RT Mod is great armor & i made enquire's about it to, but was told that the wait list is out to middle of 2014. As Frank said RS or TM would be ideal for you.

Good luck & it will be great to have another Sandy here in Australia !

Andrew.

He looks beautiful! And he's a giant! Well over 2 inches taller than me. I think the RS might be the way to go for me by the looks of things. Thanks so much ^.^

Now, tips on where to find/buy from/ who to contact would be amazing also (:

I know I pointed you to both RS and Troopermaster, with a link of a centurion RS submission which may indicate my preference to RS. I chose that link because it was a guy who was near your size. Don't get me wrong RS is a great suit, but having both a Troopermaster and an RS I have to agree with Smally.

Troopermaster has great customer service, an outstanding product and it fits me better than the RS does.

RS is made from a pieced together suit, that they had to get the missing parts from Troopermaster to make a complete TK/TD suit. So it has first generation casts of a "real" TK/TD suit with replacement parts from TM and RS themselves. But as a cast of an old suit, there are some joining/fitting issues that are not present in TM suits. Nothing insurmountable, but it is there.

Rob and Simon from RS are great guys, but a bit swamped with the demand, which means you could run into issues like I did where it took several months to get all the little parts that kept getting forgotten in shipments. They will do right by you no doubt and I have zero complaints in that area at all.

You really cannot go wrong with either maker. RS edges out TM slightly on the accuracy, but TM is a better "out of the box" fit/build since his suits are designed to look like they did in the movies, not from a cast of a suit that has been used and abused for 30+ years.

The RS helmet is awesome and I love it which is why I have 3 of them. I only have a TM hero lid, and it is great, but the RS stunt lid cast directly from a real TK lid is amazing. I do not have a TM stunt to compare it to though so dunno.

Basically Long winded, but what I am trying to say if I was going to buy another suit, and having the experience of both, It would most likely be a TM.

And TM, apart from making the standard size legs, also make a longer version, in case you need them like I did. I bought FX armour from someone in my garrison as it was cheap, but the legs were way too short (and the thighs were enormous). I'm 6'2", so I ended up buying a set of TMs longer legs. So pleased I did, they fit perfectly.