A question about deployment.

Havoc6538

Sorry if this is a silly question, but which should come first? Garrison/GML clearance or MEPD deployment?

The main reason I ask is that in other detachments I am (or have been) part of since joining the Legion in 2005, I've never had to get the costume approved by the detachment, only my garrison GML.

I assume we get clearance here first. Otherwise, having been cleared by my GML, when it comes to MEPD deployment, if I had to make any changes to my costume I'd have to reapply for GML clearance (assuming I'm going by the book!).

So is it the case that I request deployment here first, and having got it send in pics to my GML for garrison clearance?

But this also doesn't make sense, as we have to provide links to our 501st profile, which I wouldn't have if this was my first costume...

It's probably very simple, but I can't find this info on the site and no-one seems to have asked it before.

I'm so confused, lol!

Yes,

We as a detachment do not grant membership to the club based on a costume, that is what the GML does, and only your GML can grant you the Legion 501st membership.

The detachment has programs. That means, that we have specific set of requirements that need to be fullfilled to grant you a Badge. That is it. No membership at all. So, our Police Officer program will grant you a Police Officer badge, and SWAT program a SWAT badge.

This is nothing official for the club actually, nor a status, it is just a badge meaning you have gone all the way to be more and more Screen Accurate.

Now, for the 99% of the cases, upgrading to Polic Officer or SWAT standards will still be in line for Legion membership, but since the GML is the one who makes the call, it all falls into their criteria. Most of them will allow all mods sugested and required by our programs, one or two worldwide wont.

But, NO worries, If you have been cleared as a TD and 501st member, once you start upgrading, as long as it is in line with the CRLS and the Detachment requirements, it will be very difficult if not impossible to get demoted or to have your membership taken away. And if that does happen, rise your hand, you will have the whole Sandtrooper brotherhood to hold your back.

BTW, just by being a TD is enough to be part of the detachment, and just to have a user name and registering is enough to be a part of the MEPD forums.

Hope that clears it a bit.

Saludos

First you need UK garrison/501st clearance. Follow this link which explains how to submit you application:

https://www.ukgarrison.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40408

Once cleared you can apply here on the MEPD for 'Police officer' deployment if you wish to proceed in accuracy.

If/once you get P.o. Deployment, you can then decide if SWAT is for you! This is the hardest pursuit for high end accuracy. It's a long road, but if successful, is a very proud moment.

Hope this helps ;)

Ok...here's the functions of the pack parts.

Tool box-holds bottle opener, ID and things to keep you "safe" ;)

Center bottle-pure alcohol

Vent port-handle for dispensing alcohol

Radio-sets the mood

Cistern-where the mixing happens

Lower bottle-unscrews to drink out of

Side pipe-is actually a light source

Bee stinger assembly-holds your snacks

Lol :)

Oh and the lab pipe is actually a flare in case you party too hard and come up missing