Just wanted to say THANKS

Blaster 8266

I have been a member of the MEPD for many years. This time of year is my favorite but life seems to try to still my joy and love for the holidays.

Several years ago my wife's father passed away on Christmas eve, the following year my wife's grandfather died 2 days before Christmas.

The next year my wife and I lost our baby girl to an illness on Christmas eve and now this year my wife's uncle dies yesterday and one of our closest friends died 8 days ago both due to cancer.

I just wanted to say thanks.

My wife and I have three beautiful children one of which just turned 17 months old and loves to look at the Christmas tree.

I sometimes find it hard to deal with this time of year even though it's my favorite.

I have made many friends here in the MEPD and all of you have supported me and shown great friendship throughout the years. It means more to me than I could possibly say.

So once again I would like to say thanks and plan on making next year here at the MEPD even better than the last. Happy holidays and Merry Christmas from the Bailey family.

Anthony your post is as touching as it is compelling.

At the turns of life you've achieved one of the mist difficult and simplistic things: To be gratefull.

Have no doubt as difficult as it might look that blessings will come back to you for your sense of gratefullness.

Godspeed Anthony!

@ Anthony - Merry Christmas as well, to you and yours, Brother!

Throughout life's (many) difficulties, one can only hope to have the strength and support of friends and family to help through the most darkest moments. It is comforting to know that there are a few places where you can go and people you can turn to that will support you unconditionally and will be there to try and do anything they can to try and help put a person in need back on a positive track. Life can be so unbearable at times, but I would like to believe that the good outweighs the bad.

As 2012 draws to a close and as I look back on this past year's experiences, I would like to include that being part of this great community of the MEPD will be one of the more memorable things I will cherish when all is said and done. I am proud to be part of such an amazing group of people.

So on behalf of Anthony, and to each EVERY single Guest, Member, and Officer here in the 'Sand Pit'. Let's toast loves lost, new friends made and the promise of brighter days in the years to come.

Happy Holidays, Season's Greetings, Merry Christmas and bless everyone and their families as we get ready for an awesome 2013! :yes:

:td::salute:

Guys, very profound words and it makes me realise the true value of the friendships I have forged here.

Even though we are miles apart and many have never actually met in person the bond that we have is a very simple one, "we love Sandtroopers" and until that bond is cut it could last forever.

Merry christmas to everyone and your families and friends.

Nick

Anthony, I am sorry for your losses..I commend you and the fam for staying strong around this time of year. I know I'm not a full on Sandtrooper, (FISD Centurion TK, Heavy Weapons trooper) but I see how the MEPD is a close family. That really helps when times are tough, so I salute you all and wish you all a Merry Christmas! Charlie

I´m sad to hear about your many loses over christmas times bro, hang in there bro.

Sounds to me you are doing fine, having a positive looking forward spirit fighting for a better year.

Hugs

very very heart felt words from everyone on here!

WOW,i love this place and cant wait for another amazing year to come,this detachment just grows and grows!

happy christmas to everyone that takes there time to post here,love you all!!!! :sweat:

:td: LONG LIVE ALL US SANDTROOPERS :td:

I.T. :thumbsup:

Anthony, my thoughts are with you and your family. It is very gracious of you to spare a moment to thank us for what we all so readily give. May you have a wonderful Christmas season and let the New Year bring you more cause for joy than despair. Cherish good memories. At the end of days, keeping friends and loving family is all that matters.

Best regards

It must be a very difficult time to go around with such many and great loses in this season, but stay strong bro and celebrate life as well as those who have already gone to a better place.

Thank you for sharing this and making us part of your holyday. This is a very special community and this sort of posts makes me see how big and important this community is in all our lifes, as it is in mine!

Have a wonderful xmas with your family, stay strong and stay together even if it sometimes might hurt. You have your sandy brothers to hold your back.

Felicidades...

Saludos

Juan