Childrens party for St Marys Hospital - Lancaster Hotel - London

P3laton3

This was a great troop to do.

There were 150 kids from St Mary Hospital Intensive care ward. Few of them serioursly ill.

Big thank you to our spotters Glenn which also was running the event, Adina and Paola for keeping us safe out the with all those kids running about.

There were loads of photos taken on the day and I uploaded already here below those taken by Paola with her mobile.

It is been hard to troop knowing that there were so many sick kids at the event.

I know well what does it mean for parents and relatives see a smile on their faces. :yes:

I got four relatives with different genetic disorder in my family.

It was great troop with another sandy, Joe Versku :td:

http://www.facebook....=1&l=d942c592c5

I was late turning up because of bad traffic and erm, a faulty droid at the parking bay grr ! (I got a parking tkt when I returned later which I will duely contest !)

But when I got to the hotel entrance where this event took place I clocked Ruggero's awesome TD immediately. You looked really awesome bro ! And that pack of yours is a beauty. Good luck with the upgrade !

As already mentioned it was a worthy troop and we were treated superbly by the hosts. Great to continue meeting even more of the UKG family as well as meet up with familiar faces.

Plus, the sight of seeing a TD doing the dosey-doe on the dance floor made me feel ANYTHING is possible ! LOL nice moves Ruggero !

Trooping lessons to learn for me from this one is:

1) I need to tweak my RomFX volume. The new battery pack increasing voltage to 12 lasted all afternoon but my small speakers didn't sound as loud as I'd like.

2) Will need to refigure my bells. Again. I had replaced the elastics for something wider to provide more give when It is being attached, which I do after putting the backpack on, but it's still a pain to achieve... but I have a cunning plan... will share if it works.

3) My knee plate kept squeaking against my thigh armour so I may attach a bit of sponge on my hamstring side to position it less forward.

Over and out fellas !

hey joe,

how do you have your shoulder bells at the moment?

are they attached to your shoulder straps or are they one piece that goes behind your neck and attach to each other?

the reason i ask is cause im not to sure wether im happy with mine and considering changing them!! :thumbsup:

Elastic fixed to bridge strap, snapped on to bell. If I put a hidden snap under bridge strap, that may well solve the finger killing exercise of trying to reach under the bell. Tried the over shoulder method but it kept slipping backwards - probably because I didn't do it right since Nick's work fine. Also tried to attach to pack straps but it made my already wide shoulders look too broad. I'll sort this soon. Just been too busy with work n kids. Gawd help me if I ever attempt SWAT. It would take me a millennia !

I'm using one piece of black strap behind the neck.

I get rid of the elastic band since a while via the slipping side effect.

Now I am using the exact lenght that I need to keep the bells in place and it works great so far. :thumbsup: