Screws in armour

Smally

Hey troops,

I'm in the middle of something and need your help!

Could you guys please post up any pics you may have of your or LFL armour screws please?

I'm talking about in the armour seen from both inside and out side.

Thanks all! ;)

Perfect! Now that's EXACTLY what I needed! I'm only putting in the screws and bolts for the look as I've decided to go for the easier trooping style of strapping ;)

Cheers dude!

I did the same mate. Is there anything specific that you want as I could photo mine if you need to know where best to locate them!

Nick

I did the same mate. Is there anything specific that you want as I could photo mine if you need to know where best to locate them!

Nick

Thanks Nick, I may still need to give you a shout ;)

just a question,why are you deciding to do both?

the original strapping system works perfect in my opinion without any other strapping and accurate!

the only time id say to someone not to do it is if your armour is 2mm or quite brittle! :thumbsup:

Hey Marcus.

I'm doing both as I find the snaps easier to use as well as quicker when I need to disassemble the armour for packing away. Otherwise I may have gone for the original style.

yeah,know what you mean about boxing up,that is one problem that you have a complete torso to carry about! :thumbsup:

I hear that bro!

I have a packing system where my armour slots inside each other, kinda like a Russian doll!

Arms into legs, Legs into thighs, thighs into bottom sections and torso, chest and back over torso ;)

I hear that bro!

I have a packing system where my armour slots inside each other, kinda like a Russian doll!

Arms into legs, Legs into thighs, thighs into bottom sections and torso, chest and back over torso ;)

That's exactly what I do.

That's the sort of stuff I'm after! Thanks Paul.

I know Rolf has added the screws/bolts to his TM. I'm hoping he will post up some close up shots *hint hint* ;)

I see the master have taken care of it for me.

Thanks for the pics, all ways nice to see TM pics :thumbsup:

I can't answer your question on the full torso fitting in, however I do know that the "Russian doll" method would fit... In fact I have also added a 50gallon Stanley box to my Xmas list also!

I use a soft hockey goalie bag for my kit. For me a soft bag gave me much more confidence fitting everything in than a hard case, but then the hard cases I tried were all too small for my full kit.

Nick

Yeah, I used to own a big bag, but Joe stole it from me, can ya believe that guy?! Lol

I'm going with the hard case this time as 1) it protects your armour a little more, and 2) it can double up as a small surface to place items whilst you're getting changed (if there's no tables left at gigs). ;)