IslandTrooper's ATA build

MatchStick

I know I've been lurking about here for awhile, slowly purchasing parts and bugging you guys with questions. However my outpost has helped me tons and I have the first pictures of my armor with weathering. I'm going for the Cantina Captain look to eventually get SWAT approval hopefully (: None of us have tried weathering a TD before so we're very open to all criticism! Take a look and help me out if you have time. Please note we tried to recreate the "skull" on the chest, the crack + scuff on the helmet, the sticker mark on the pauldron, and overall tried to keep it accurate. Thank you everyone in advance for your help!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Aloha, Brudda! Lookin' good so far! Excellent progress. Just by a quick once over, the only thing that stands out (on my phone) is that the ab section should a little bit more visible and the sticker detail on the pauldron is a bit too big. (prepare for the nit picking when you begin your deployment review. ) ;)

Keep up the great work and good luck! :td::thumbsup:

Ah! didnt notice that haha but the model wearing my armor isnt me :P he's a little bit shorter i think so thats why the ab plate is barely seen. thanks for the eye on the sticker tho! I'm quite prepared for the nit picking haha. Heres a pic with me actually wearing the armor, i think the ab plate looks a lot more normal in it

Warning: the jaba and leia arent 501st :P dont worry we're not letting in any walmart costume into our outpost xP

Posted Image

Nice looking TK gear, there! Glad you decided to go dirty! lol Looking forward to having you join our ranks soon!

Also looking forward to bringing my gear there the next time I visit my grandpa to possibly troop with the Pacific Outpost one time! \m/

:td::yes:

Haha getting dirty was the plan from the get go! We rushed to get my armor together tho so I could participate in our gangnam dance performance at a charity party (video somewhere here lol) xD We have a lot of fun down here in the pacific! We love having visiting troopers join us so whenever you can make it down we'd love to have ya! We're extremely busy around christmas and halloween or you can come to our humble con perhaps xD

Ok...

Looking already very good bro...

Just a few things I want to point out...

post-1761-0-41982500-1352836275_thumb.jp

The wrinkles on your jeans could be made to look more natural, the texture should be more organic.

The black shirt under the armor and over the jeans looks great, spot on I would say.

Now, everything in Yellow looks good, I just want to ask you if you put that yourself or if you got someone to do it. Cause there is what looks like a suspicious shoe there, someone else maybe (marked in yellow too).

Green stuff: Chairs????? We cant sit in armor, so, why even have chairs? But, it is a matter of personal choice I guess.

ANd the purple stuff, looks a bit like you were doing some cleaning, is that right? That sounds weird for a dirty trooper... doesnt it?

;)

Saludos.

In Nick's defense... the jeans clad model is our CO... who is not a tall guy... which is saying something because Nick makes a fine Jawa. And the room our CO is standing in is our XO's who runs more of an armor building studio than a living room.

-Eric

Ok...

Looking already very good bro...

Just a few things I want to point out...

post-1761-0-41982500-1352836275_thumb.jp

The wrinkles on your jeans could be made to look more natural, the texture should be more organic.

The black shirt under the armor and over the jeans looks great, spot on I would say.

Now, everything in Yellow looks good, I just want to ask you if you put that yourself or if you got someone to do it. Cause there is what looks like a suspicious shoe there, someone else maybe (marked in yellow too).

Green stuff: Chairs????? We cant sit in armor, so, why even have chairs? But, it is a matter of personal choice I guess.

ANd the purple stuff, looks a bit like you were doing some cleaning, is that right? That sounds weird for a dirty trooper... doesnt it?

;)

Saludos.

Hahahhahahahhahahahahaha