Rumor of the Day: Ford happy to play Han again (on one condition)

pashnak

Posted Image

Harrison Ford is apparently open to coming back as Han Solo in a new series of Star Wars movies—but there's one thing he wants if he agrees to do it.

A "highly placed" source has told <a href="http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/11/05/star-wars-sequel-harrison-ford-han-solo-exclusive/">Entertainment Weekly that Ford is "open to the idea" of appearing in Star Wars: Episode VII, which was announced last week as part of the blockbuster sale of Lucasfilm to the Walt Disney Company.

That same source, however, says that Ford will only strap on Han's blaster if he gets a death scene.

Ford's request is not too outlandish. Early drafts of Star Wars: Episode VI—Return of the Jedi did kill off Han, a plot development that the 70-year-old actor has publicly said he supported.

He told ABC as recently as 2010, "I thought he should have died in the last one to give it some bottom ... George (Lucas) didn't think there was any future in dead Han toys."

Ford is not only receptive about coming back, but is said to be "upbeat" about it, although a writer and director have to be in place for the 2015 film before he'll officially talk about a deal. That same source added that fellow stars Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher are also optimistic about an encore appearance.

Of course, whether any of the beloved trio comes back at all depends on the story that Episode VII ultimately tells. Will an older Han, Luke and Leia mentor a new generation of freedom fighters and Jedi Knights? Or will the saga's next chapter take place long after our heroes have checked out?

We won't really start to know any of this for a while yet, but meanwhile, the fact that Harrison Ford is "open" to playing Han Solo one last time has got to send a jolt of excitement through every Star Wars fan's body.

I hope if they do they aren't special edition sandtroopers... :(

Special edition sandtroopers? What are they? I've never seen them..... Oh that's right, my denial had deleted them from my memory thankfully! :) lol